Not open for further replies.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
There has of late been a spate of new members that are using this section to ask questions about all and everything about modelling. This is not the place.
The intention in this thread is to say hello and introduce yourself. Where you are, what you like to build, that sort of thing.

Where are my posts?
As many have seen their posts are not showing. As a guest or a passive member, you have access to most of the forum on a read only basis. i.e. you can read things but not post or comment.
In light of this posts that are just head on asking advice without as much as a hello dont make it through the approval.

OK how much and what do I get for my money?
A twelve-month subscription costs the princely sum of £10 a year. As a subscriber you can use the forum fully and post content directly without it needing to be approved. (the forum is moderated so inappropriate content is kept at bay).
Best bit. As a SMF Supporter, you get a discount code to use at the Scale Model Shop. Ask any member and they will tell you that the £10 a year is very quickly earned back in a visit or two to the shop.
As a Supporter the forum is free from adverts, (Scale Models Shop, the owner of the forum will still pop up here and there but very passively).

How do I join?
As a non- SMF supporter, when you open the forum there should be a small message in a box in the bottom right of the screen. Click on that!

Introduce yourself
Just hop back one page to the introduce yourself bit and make a post

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.