Nooooooo!! Lost my nozzle!

SteveT

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I was cleaning my airbrush and when I unscrewed the front end, the nozzle came out and was lost (probably down the drain)
I can't afford a new airbrush but can't seem to find a replacement nozzle.

So, does anyone know where in the UK I can buy a 0.37 (or is it 0.38) nozzle for a Ghaaleri GHAD-68 Airbrush?

SteveT

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Update:- I ordered a new nozzle of ghaaleri themselves, I guess it's going to take a while to get here though, what a pain.
Mods - sorry for this I was in a panic, you can delete it.

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
I was cleaning my airbrush and when I unscrewed the front end, the nozzle came out and was lost (probably down the drain)
I can't afford a new airbrush but can't seem to find a replacement nozzle.

So, does anyone know where in the UK I can buy a 0.37 (or is it 0.38) nozzle for a Ghaaleri GHAD-68 Airbrush?
Sympathies buddy. I haven't lost one but my first AB I knackered the thread on the nozzle, overtightened it. Totally stripped the threads. Good excuse for a good blaspheming session. For me it was a good excuse for a half decent AB. (Next upgrade is a compressor. But as it still works - it'll wait!!).

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
was lost (probably down the drain)

Did you take the P-trap out of the sink and see if it was still in there? Just a thought :smiling2:
I had to dismantle my P-trap and managed to strip the threads in the process. Cost me about £8 to replace it but I found the nozzle of my A/B so saved quite a bit there. THAT'S why I always put the plug in the sink before stripping my A/B!

Edit: Posts crossed there Ian!

Tworrs

SMF Supporter
First Name
Garry
I had to dismantle my P-trap and managed to strip the threads in the process. Cost me about £8 to replace it but I found the nozzle of my A/B so saved quite a bit there. THAT'S why I always put the plug in the sink before stripping my A/B!

Edit: Posts crossed there Ian!
Great result Dave, the nozzle would have been a lot more than 8 quid. I think Steve has just learned that lesson.

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
I feel for you! I have stripped the thread before on one of my ‘lesser’ airbrushes. It is a real danger with such small nozzles.

This is one of the reasons I like Harder & Steinbeck, they not only have larger nozzles that are easy to handle and see but they are a push in type, no threads to worry about.

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Update:- I ordered a new nozzle of ghaaleri themselves, I guess it's going to take a while to get here though, what a pain.
Mods - sorry for this I was in a panic, you can delete it.
Ghaleri are pretty good with the mail...
And do not feel so bad, I once took a Badger apart and after cleaning up all I had left was the needle, it was bin collection day as well....

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Been there , now strip my Neo in a lid. Dropped one once and spend hrs looking to no avail in the cave. You watch it fall and you know the end is nigh.
Yes, we remember that saga....

• Haha
Reactions: JR

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Yes, we remember that saga....
Yes Wibble it was a unforgettable day, each time I go into the cave I hope to see it, actually think it is under a chest of drawers. Too much of job to move it and every thing on top !