Orange Hobby 250/1 kit no.9149

Has anyone else built this kit 'cos I'm a little confused with this kit. Specifically the side stowage bins. No drop down doors are supplied.

The instructions depict the bins (parts E6 and E7) as having the doors already moulded shut integral to E6 and 7

Dragon kit 6425 250/8 on the other hand, has the same parts for the stowage bins but with parts from two 'G' sprues (G8 and G9) for the doors.

In both kits the E sprue id identical for parts and layout except for the instructions.

It looks like I'll have to use plasticard and model some open/ripped off and drape some stowage over the others to hide the missing indentations and padlocks.

Anyone have any other ideas?

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
F

Fenlander

Not an expert but the 250/1 does not have the side stowage boxes just the inwardly sloping sides as far as I know.

Sorry, ignore me I am thinking of the 251/1. Told you I wasn't an expert.......

Last edited:
D

dubster72

This is an old kit, circa 1994 from the Gunze Sangyo stable if I'm not mistaken.

Although their descendants are DML, the early stuff left a lot to be desired especially by today's standards.

I found a review on Armorama. The doors are PE parts and there's a supplementary instruction sheet. Both missing from my kit. I've had the kit quite a while maybe I've mislaid them. Maybe they were never there. (Big Sigh)

I'll have to see if I can find a PE set that includes them.

Tom