Order Problem

Flip

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Just tried to put in an order and it wouldn't give me any shipping options, so I couldn't pay.
It included 3x 250ml bottles of Tamiya X20A - don't know if that would be behind it.
Would appreciate some help when you can.
Regards,
John

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
I’ve just replied to your email, it is the Tamiya thinners, we don’t have a FedEx delivery to your postcode, they charge us too much, I can get you a price if you want

Flip

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
John,
It's OK. I've amended the order as you suggested and it has gone through now.
Thanks for your help.
John

Gary MacKenzie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gary
John,
It's OK. I've amended the order as you suggested and it has gone through now.
Thanks for your help.
John
Flip, I live not far from you. My suggestion for thinners etc ( if John can't send ) is use Amazon, they manage to send it to Scotland ( £13.95 a bottle ) without too many problems ( I do have Amazon Prime ) , I had the same problem before I found john's shop when I tried to buy it from Wonderland in Edinburgh.
FedEx charging £15.99 for a 1kg package, they are having a giraffe.

Flip

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Gary,
Appreciated, but sorted.
As you know, we get treated like third-world citizens here with couriers' practices. It's not John's fault, he's just bound by them.
Just forces us to go elsewhere.
Kind Regards,
John

Gary MacKenzie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gary
Gary,
Appreciated, but sorted.
As you know, we get treated like third-world citizens here with couriers' practices. It's not John's fault, he's just bound by them.
Just forces us to go elsewhere.
Kind Regards,
John
I wasn't blaming John :smiling: , I don't know how couriers think they can get away with it.
I have bought stuff from John's Shop via Amazon in the past. compressor and hose.

Flip

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Gary,
No, I didn't for a moment think you were. Like you, my bleat is with the couriers.
Personally, I try to avoid the big A like the plague and go direct - I normally find I can do it cheaper with no compromise in quality - thus cutting out unnecessary third parties. That way all the profit goes to the little guy who does all the hard work.
It's not just us, of course. I have the same stories from folk in the Dales, Lake District, Cornwall and so on. Let alone Islay, Arran, Shetland......
Anyway, I appreciate the moral support :smiling:
Kind Regards,
John

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
We lived on the Isle of Lewis in the Outer Hebrides for 11 years and buying anything online was a lottery. Some refused point blank, some charged a ridiculous amount but others tried their best to be as reasonable as they could. There was a guy who lived in Stornoway with a large van. He had a depot in Inverness. People had stuff delivered to his depot and twice a week he went over on the ferry, loaded his van at his depot and returned to the Island. He saved us all a fortune and made a very good living himself.