Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Nice one Peter.

If you want to avoid the hassle of masking all those windows, leave them out and AFTER the kit is built and painted, fill the openings with a drop of Kristal klear. When it dries you will have nice clean and clear windows. I'm only talking about the passenger windows. The cockpit, you use the clear part.

Ian M

B

Bunkerbarge

If I remember rightly Airfix airliners of this era used to provide a small plug that you were supposed to punch the window openings through the transfers. I could never get it to work as it always ripped the edge of the transfer. Your best option is to paint the stripe down the side then you can either use the kit glazing or use Klear as ian suggests.

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
\ said:
If I remember rightly Airfix airliners of this era used to provide a small plug that you were supposed to punch the window openings through the transfers. I could never get it to work as it always ripped the edge of the transfer. Your best option is to paint the stripe down the side then you can either use the kit glazing or use Klear as ian suggests.
I do have the plug but i havn't made my mind up yet as to decels or paint the stripe.

Peter t

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Nice paint lines along the length of the fuselage Peter. Very clean, looks a nice model.

Si:smiling3:

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Looking great Peter, good to see some more civilian aircraft , its quite a good size too isnt it. cheers tony

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
I was tempted to try coverting it to a tanker but thought ill leave it as it is.

Peter t

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Looks good Peter. Look forward to more progress on this one soon.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Fine looking Tristar Peter, I love the colour scheme.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
I was tempted to try coverting it to a tanker but thought ill leave it as it is.Peter t
That would have been an interesting build.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice work Peter. Just a suggestion, but maybe the engines could do with some enhancement, dry brushing or something of that nature to bring out the fans.

B

Bunkerbarge

I don't believe it Joe but I was going to say almost exactly the same thing. I was going to suggest applying a wash in the engines to enhance the shadows. Maybe a bit of both would bring them to life