PETES P51-C MKIII MUSTANG IN1/48

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Looks good Peter. That second gun is very smoky isn't it, quite a prominent streak. Any underside photos?

B

Bunkerbarge

I've always liked the early Mustangs in the RAF grey/green camoflage and this one looks the part.

I would always advise to go easy with weathering and live with it for a bit then add more if you feel you still need to. I think you probably suspect yourself that the heavy blackening on the invasion stripes might be a bit too much. Use softer colours like dark greys and water them down a bit to reduce the opacity so you can build it up slowly. As with all models we learn something with every one and go on to make the next one even better.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Lovely build Peter, as mentioned the weathering seems heavy, but that maybe it doesn't detract from a cracking build. The camo scheme really compliments this model. Nice one mate.

Si:smiling3:

W

Willi262

But if it has seen this much action, I might add a bit more exhaust staining, as well as some boot/skid marks on the wings for when the pilots enter or exit, and for the crew servicing the wing cannons. Overall I think the effect you were going for, has been achieved.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
I like this peter it's a good build :smiling3:

L

Laurie

Very nice effect Peter. Found with white very difficult with weathering as it is so contrasty that over doing it can be "over doing it".

Nice model and will look spectacular on the shelf. Think aircraft are enhanced when they are placed with others. Always pleased when my sons and son in laws come round they make a bee line for my shelves lines with models.

Laurie

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
great job Peter, like all the weathering after see a lot of days aloft,