Pete's Spitfire Vc

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Apologies for the lack of updates on this. I'm still very shaky, which makes modelling a tad difficult. I'm on two lots of medication, which help a little, but apparently I can't have anything stronger until I've seen a neurologist, and the first available neurology appointment is on the 19th of August - my 76th birthday!
I should have taken a lot more photos during this build, but haven't - however, it's finished now as I don't feel like weathering it. After all, they were all new once!
Yer tiz:
P1180056.JPGP1180057.JPGP1180058.JPG
A brilliant little kit that really deserved a bit more time but it's been hard to keep up any enthusiasm. I'll try to take some outdoor photos if the weather permits.

Pete

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Pete love your spitty looks very spot on now in the top colours brillint finshish sir
chrisb

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Excellent result pete , hope the tooth ( or hole where it was ) is settling down now , cheers tony

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Thanks guys.
Tony, the tooth demolition site has been fine for a month or so, but one on the other side is playing up now... :sad:
Pete

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Thanks guys.
Tony, the tooth demolition site has been fine for a month or so, but one on the other side is playing up now... :sad:
Pete
OH Gawrd Pete another tooth playin up oh dear an you are lucky to get into a denstist as we had a NHS one that we used to go to regular but they have now gone private an are chargein redicalous prices as a freind had a tooth prob an they charged him 900 quid to get it fixed wow so hope you get your fixed soon
chrisb

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Thanks Chris. I'm running out of back teeth! I had a bad car crash many years ago in a car with a non-retractable seat belt that was too long for the car so I couldn't tighten it. I slid down under the belt, which smashed my jaws together at the back, cracking most of my back teeth which made them liable to infection. To be honest I'm surprised they've lasted this long!
We've been luck with NHS dentists since we moved to the Midlands in '93. Ours retired a couple of years ago but the dental practice replaced him, and the new guy is OK.

Pete

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Thanks Chris. I'm running out of back teeth! I had a bad car crash many years ago in a car with a non-retractable seat belt that was too long for the car so I couldn't tighten it. I slid down under the belt, which smashed my jaws together at the back, cracking most of my back teeth which made them liable to infection. To be honest I'm surprised they've lasted this long!
We've been luck with NHS dentists since we moved to the Midlands in '93. Ours retired a couple of years ago but the dental practice replaced him, and the new guy is OK.

Pete
WOW Pete THAT sounds very painfull an i got hit in the face with a cricket bat when playin as i stood to near the stumps bein wiicket keeper an i had about 8 top teeth knocked out but this happend yrs ago but i have a top set of titaineum metal teeth mounts so dont have to worry about a tooth acke in th top set lol but cost me a forturne bein made in that metal but they have lasted nr 40 odd yrs so get what you pay for an they are really comfy as it nice to be able to smile lol an are still good
chrisb

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Looking very good Pete. Hope you sort out the shakes soon.

Andrew