Photo etch glueing.

D

Deleted member 5496

Looks good quality Carl. Have one similar which works well. Good idea to some how clamp it down to leave both hands free.
Stick it to the bench with blue or white tack.

Laurie

Laurie

First Name
Carl
Looks good quality Carl. Have one similar which works well. Good idea to some how clamp it down to leave both hands free.
Stick it to the bench with blue or white tack.

Laurie

Laurie
The actual tool looks slightly different from the Amazon picture. Here a photo of the actual clamp taken on my desk. 362F94BF-20C4-4DD6-BC89-0A8121281825.jpegB66476E8-55A7-4040-8828-C9F780DDC57C.jpeg

D

Deleted member 5496

Laurie.
you have a Sea King?
Surely not a Hasegawa 1/48 ?
rare as hen's teeth.
Jon.
Jon built two one Afghanistan diorama the other Falklands Diorama.

Superb build one of, if not, the best build ever especially with FLightpath's PE.

If you do manage to get one go for the Flightpath PE. Not on his pages at the moment but I know he will manufacture one off. As he has for me.

So something to delve into bit expensive. But it is a long build & pound for weeks building comparable to most builds. Nice advantage cockpit doors open cabin doors open. You can detail the inside to your hearts content. One below is USA but i converted to RN with FLightpath.

Apologies Carl for diversifying on your topic :flushed:

Laurie

First Name
Carl
Jon built two one Afghanistan diorama the other Falklands Diorama.

Superb build one of, if not, the best build ever especially with FLightpath's PE.

If you do manage to get one go for the Flightpath PE. Not on his pages at the moment but I know he will manufacture one off. As he has for me.

So something to delve into bit expensive. But it is a long build & pound for weeks building comparable to most builds. Nice advantage cockpit doors open cabin doors open. You can detail the inside to your hearts content. One below is USA but i converted to RN with FLightpath.

Apologies Carl for diversifying on your topic :flushed:

Laurie
No apologies needed Laurie, all interesting stuff.

Ancientmariner

SMF Supporter
First Name
James
Hi Carl,

I am a bit further along with the same kit and used most the PE parts you did. For the interiors I found the bending tool meant that just CA dripped in through a 25G needle worked fine.
I didn't use 100% of the PE and once the kit is together it's a bit disappointing how much you can t see.

Looking great so far though

First Name
Carl
Hi Carl,

I am a bit further along with the same kit and used most the PE parts you did. For the interiors I found the bending tool meant that just CA dripped in through a 25G needle worked fine.
I didn't use 100% of the PE and once the kit is together it's a bit disappointing how much you can t see.

Looking great so far though
I must admit I drew the line at the levers for the engines on the cockpit control panel. I managed to get four on and also loose four, never to be seen again. Even under my magnifying glasses these parts were too small to work with. I just decided that if I can’t see them under magnification it’s unlikely anyone else will notice with there eyes un aided.
One of the hardest parts is finding what colours the etch pats are. It’s quite difficult to find just the right angle picture etc. A lot of it is plain black panels from what I can tell. Surfing random videos and photos only proves that there was many variations of interior colour and of course many have been repainted and who’s to say in the correct original colour?
how did you fair with colours on your etch parts?

Ancientmariner

SMF Supporter
First Name
James
I started with a cockpit green aft of pilots seat and then through lazyness went to all black, yellow hand rails and brought out detail by dry brushing dark grey on to bring out edges.
As you can see in the first pic you can't see a lot of all your hard work.

Put in some pics to illustrate what I did.

Have you done the bomb bay PE yet? That's a great area to get multiple gos to hone the bending technique!

I am still pondering whether to hack out flaps and use the flaps kit.

Attachments

• IMG_20201012_130911.jpg
    IMG_20201012_130911.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20200519_161908.jpg
    IMG_20200519_161908.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 6

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew