Plastic putty advice

First Name
ian
hi all I have a Revell harrier gr1 kit in 1/32 scale , the problem is the join lines are quite big so it’s best to fill the main join lines with putty I’ve bee told so you carnt see them anymore but what is the best putty out there to use like go off quickly , rub down easily , and look nice when painted , I would be glad for any suggestions on what people have actually used and would highly recommend. Thanks I’m advance. Deano

Tworrs

SMF Supporter
First Name
Garry
Personally I like to use Perfect Plastic Putty for that purpose.

Swagman 070

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
hi all I have a Revell harrier gr1 kit in 1/32 scale , the problem is the join lines are quite big so it’s best to fill the main join lines with putty I’ve bee told so you carnt see them anymore but what is the best putty out there to use like go off quickly , rub down easily , and look nice when painted , I would be glad for any suggestions on what people have actually used and would highly recommend. Thanks I’m advance. Deano
I use Perfect plastic putty. I've also used Vallejo putty. Both are easy to use and the excess can be wiped away with a moist cotton bud.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
For large gaps consider putting some styrene in first, before filling with whatever putty you use. It will prevent having to use and sand numerous putty applications, which will no doubt sink if the gap is too large.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Another vote for Perfect Plastic Putty. Easy to sand and sands to a feathered edge.