Pledge Klear and then Enamel Varnish?

G

Gilly

Hi guys,

I'm new to modelling and was wondering whether it is possible to apply humbrol enamel varnish over Pledge Klear or will the varnishes react? My plan was to paint the model with humbrol enamel paint, then a coat of Klear, apply decals and an enamel wash, another coat of klear to seal and then finally humbrol enamel matt varnish. Would there be any problems with this? I've done a lot of research and it's confusing to know which combinations are safe to use or not!

Thanks,

Gilly

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
First welcome to the forum and indeed the hobby.

Pledge klear is a floor polish. Greatly over rated and best left for the kind of thing its good at. I only ever use it for dipping clear parts in, to bring back the shine. It can also be used to stick canopies on with.

Buy a clear gloss varnish. Vallejo make some very good acrylic varnishes Humbrol make their own as well as their version of clear. I hear its very good.

You should have no problem using the floor polish over and under Humbrol.

Ian M

T

tecdes

You can also, I have read, use Klear on floors as well if you have any left overs from model making.

Laurie

First Name
Dave
\ said:
Don't forget your parade boots, though hope it don't rain :smiling3: Adrian
When I was in the RAF I sprayed my no.1 shoe toe caps with Humbrol gloss vanish.Woke up on the morning of a parade and it had crazed!.Got me off the parade though.

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
\ said:
You can also, I have read, use Klear on floors as well if you have any left overs from model making.Laurie
........... Can you use Valejo Varnish on your floors ???? ......... Or does that work out a bit expensive Laurie????

Peter

T

tecdes

\ said:
........... Can you use Valejo Varnish on your floors ???? ......... Or does that work out a bit expensive Laurie????Peter
Do not know Peter.

But.............. it makes carpets go stiff & annoys her.

Laurie