Quality of Heller kits?

Flip

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I see that Heller are bringing out a 1:48 Jaguar soon. I've no experience with their kits.

Has anyone built one of their recent kits and can give an opinion on quality/fit/etc.?

Thanks chaps.

John

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Heller, like all brands have good kits and bad ones, generally they are pretty good and they build well.

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
According to Scalemates and several other online posts I have read about this kit, it has been reboxed by Airfix and Revell in the past.

It’s not a new tool.
I have my beady eye on this boxing too and hope to get my hands on one when I visit Aviation Megastore near week.

Last edited:

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
I have the Revell reboxing in the stash - it's lacking in detail in places ( cockpit, wheel wells ), but theres some recessed panel lines, and a good set of tanks, pods etc. With a lttle help from AM parts, it should make a nice model - It's originally a 1994 Airfix product, so it'll need a bit of work........................
Dave

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
The 1/48 Airfix Jag is a great little kit. It might be lacking in detail here and there but it builds well. (better than that crock from Kitty Hawk). A bit of detail on the Undercarriage, A good seat and block off the gapping hole where the wind machine should be.

First Name
Mark
I've seen a few built and it does knock up into a pretty fair model.
The last one I saw built was in a charity shop in Bridgenorth of all places along with a 1/48th Bucc and Mighty Fin.
They were all done in Gulf War colours and were going for about £30 each IIRC.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Wind Machine? Please could you clarify?
The big whirly thing that pushes the thing along. Aka jet engine.
The Airfix kit has no gubbins inside so you can look in the exhaust and see out the intake.