Roden 1:144 Rivet Joint kit

Flip

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi all,
I have just acquired the Roden 1:144 Rivet Joint kit and thought I would include a couple of pics for any prospective buyers.

The first one is to to with the wings. The trailing edge of all 4 wing roots are deformed and will need a bit of TLC...
IMG_3731.JPG
The second is to do with the undercarriage doors...
IMG_3730.JPG
Step 5 calls out parts 16 & 22 on Sprue F - they should be 19 & 22 on Sprue F
Step 6 calls out parts 16 & 22 on Sprue F - they should be 15 & 16 on Sprue F

Regards,
John

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Hi all,
I have just acquired the Roden 1:144 Rivet Joint kit and thought I would include a couple of pics for any prospective buyers.

The first one is to to with the wings. The trailing edge of all 4 wing roots are deformed and will need a bit of TLC...
View attachment 460851
The second is to do with the undercarriage doors...
View attachment 460852
Step 5 calls out parts 16 & 22 on Sprue F - they should be 19 & 22 on Sprue F
Step 6 calls out parts 16 & 22 on Sprue F - they should be 15 & 16 on Sprue F

Regards,
John
John,
perhaps you might like to do an in box review? There is a forum section for this https://www.scale-models.co.uk/forums/product-reviews.50/
A lot of modellers would like to see what they're getting, and an unbiased opinion of the presentation, sprues etc.
Dave

Flip

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Dave,
I've never done one of those before. I'll take a look around the site to see the format and then have a go.
Remember to carry on breathing in the meantime...:smiling:
John

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Dave,
I've never done one of those before. I'll take a look around the site to see the format and then have a go.
Remember to carry on breathing in the meantime...:smiling:
John
We all have our own ideas on what OOB reviews should cover, have a look at the posts in that section, and maybe use one of those as a rough guide. The fact that you've spotted errors in the instructions means you're most of the way there! Sometimes doing one of these reviews can help in the construction - as can reading other modellers' reviews............... :thumb2: .
Dave