ROK army K9 self propelled howitzer

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Great work there Colin and a lovely little diorama ( All they need is to lower the barrel a little or a bigger hammer to fix that problem )

M

mobear

its fantastic mate,the colours are nice,and the mucky bits are cool,maybe less shine on them round the wheels,but thats just me,and now they are not playing i`m a little teapot anymore lol

mobear

C

CDW

Thanks Gents ...

Ole, the acrylic paint i mix and use has a satin sheen to it that seems to only show up when you have a direct flash, it's quite dull in natural light but still has a very slight satin look which i personally like.

I posted a couple of reference piccies to show the difference with flash and natural light in my Coutances dio thread when Patrick made the same comment if you want to have a shufty at it.

M

mobear

okay okay i have studied the pics you said to look at,and......................i`ll let you off,this time lol,wonder where you can get bulbs that sort of emulate daylight?uhmmmm

mobear

A

AJay

Excellent work, Colin! The figures and the base set if off very nicely. 5*****

S

Sky Raider

I havent been on much because of this internet problem, this is just one of the fantastic posts im going to be catching up on. Excellent work. Just magic.

Andy

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
Real nice colin never built one of these but I will def keep my eyes out for one...once again realnice buildand weathering like the natural pose of your figures...

Geegad

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Now thats a BIG gun!!

Cool build Colin and a very different camo to those we are seeing so often.

Like it.

Ian M

C

CDW

Thanks for the comments guys, i'd certainly reccommend getting this kit to anyone into building armour, it's not overly expensive, enjoyable to build and is definitly one of the odd-ball AFV's available.

Now to get stuck into the group builds :smiling3: :smiling3:

J

John Huggins

Outstanding Colin, love it to bits & nice little dio.

Started to build this one myself at work so i won't be posting the build but will post the completed build.

Have fun & looking forward to ur G/B.

John.

C

CDW

I'ts a nice model to do John, not a vast amount of parts to it but the build lasts as there's a fair bit of drying time and it's a biggun :smiling3:

Being cheeky ... if you dont use all the ROK figures that come with it then i can give them a good home if you don't want to add them to your spares box... i'll cover costs.

J

John Huggins

It's almost built Colin, & it sure is big, sorry to say i will bu using the figures as i intend to have the rear door open and will scratch build the inside.

I will alter the figures so they are loading the big gun, i have found a walk around on "tinternet" with good views of inside.

Well that's what i hope to do. lol

John

C

CDW

That'll be an interesting detailing idea for the inside.

There's a fair few computer and touch screens in there. (If it'll help an idea i had for a comp screen was to paint the screen info on a little styrene square and then cover this in a blue (see-through) sweet wrapper. the edges would be made out of some wire insulation by cutting it lengthways).

Dont forget that thin door in the centre of the back of the turret is for the auto loading mechanism for the K10 automatic ammunition resupply vehicle.

View attachment 48616View attachment 48617View attachment 48618

View attachment 51454

View attachment 51455

View attachment 51456

K10fedfrARV.jpg

K10fedfrARV1a.jpg

K10fedfrARV31st.jpg

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Thats a great dio Colin. I like it a lot.

Tony.

J

John Huggins

Thanks for the info & pic's Colin, decided to post some pic's after all.

Enjoy.

John.