Runway diorama

G

Graham_1970

Right I have returned to modelling at last, right I have one question how do you make and paint a runway with lights as its for the Trumpeter F-14D Super Tomcat at 1:32 SCALE.

B

Bunkerbarge

Various ideas will be suggested but a couple of possibilites would be:

A) For a concrete runway use card stock and score the expansion joints before weathering and using a wash to enhance the joints.

b) For a tarmac runway glue a piece of fine wet and dry paper to a base before masking and painting some white markings on it.

For lights I would use fibre optics laid below the base all powered from a common single lamp.

I'm sure more ideas will follow.

C

Caledonia

Hi Graham, can't help with your question but must say - you lucky sod having a Trumpeter F-14D Super Tomcat at 1:32 SCALE. I wish I had room to store one of those, as it is I have had to settle for a 1/72. Hope you do it under construction so that I can drool. Best of luck Derek

I

ian lanc

If money isn't an option ! check these two out...

Hannants - Noy's Miniatures NM32001 1:32

Hannants - Noy's Miniatures NM32003 1:32

cheers.

F

Fenlander

If you have Photoshop or similar, what about designing an A4 size layout your self? Not too tricky and printed on high gloss photo paper at 300dpi, it would be fine after a spray of matt varnish to dull and protect it. You could then add just a few embellishments if you wish to give it a more 3D look, like raised stripes using tape or even little tufts of grass in the cracks.