Sairena - the divine archeress

First Name
Sebastijan aka Seb
I am pretty new in the figure painting genre of our hobby, previously painting just a few Warhammer figures, but I really loved doing this 75mm figure. Built as a present for my friend's birthday, with whom we train and compete in archery together.

Attachments

• sairena-1.jpg
    sairena-1.jpg
    434 KB · Views: 23
  • sairena-2.jpg
    sairena-2.jpg
    464.1 KB · Views: 20
  • sairena-3.jpg
    sairena-3.jpg
    438 KB · Views: 19
  • sairena-4.jpg
    sairena-4.jpg
    388.2 KB · Views: 18
  • sairena-5.jpg
    sairena-5.jpg
    368.8 KB · Views: 17
  • sairena-6.jpg
    sairena-6.jpg
    386.6 KB · Views: 19
  • sairena-7.jpg
    sairena-7.jpg
    368.9 KB · Views: 18
  • sairena-8.jpg
    sairena-8.jpg
    420.6 KB · Views: 15
  • sairena-9.jpg
    sairena-9.jpg
    372.4 KB · Views: 18
  • sairena-10.jpg
    sairena-10.jpg
    487.2 KB · Views: 23

PaulinKendal

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
That's superb - very clean finish and I love the colour choices. The blue of the cloak flows wonderfully. Is the gold on the cloak NMM? And if not, how did you shade it? And (if you'll permit me a small criticism) the very ends of her hair at the back seem to have been missed - or is that intentional?

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Lovely job. Female skin tone is excellent. Figures can be great fun to paint.

Jack L

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jack
Wow. I'd be pretty pleased with myself if I could achieve anything like this!!

First Name
Sebastijan aka Seb
Thank you everybody!

That's superb - very clean finish and I love the colour choices. The blue of the cloak flows wonderfully. Is the gold on the cloak NMM? And if not, how did you shade it? And (if you'll permit me a small criticism) the very ends of her hair at the back seem to have been missed - or is that intentional?
Gold as NMM? It's a gold paint, not that technique where you use different colours to imitate the metallic colours (not sure how this technique is called). The tips of the hair are my daughters idea :D She wanted for her to have darker tips so I used dark brown.

PaulinKendal

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thank you everybody!

Gold as NMM? It's a gold paint, not that technique where you use different colours to imitate the metallic colours (not sure how this technique is called). The tips of the hair are my daughters idea :D She wanted for her to have darker tips so I used dark brown.
NMM = non-metallic metal - the technique you referred to. And I should've guessed the brown hair was intentional - my bad. It all looks very good, excellent job!

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Beautifully painted Seb. I'm sure your friend will really appreciate such a unique present.
Jim

First Name
Sebastijan aka Seb
You could have fooled me Seb. She is wonderful.
If I count, this is my 7th figure and I did the first 5 together (Warhammer 40K) and then another classic Warhammer figure. I can post those as well. Figure painting was one of my Covid lockdown projects as I wanted to try something new and get better at paint brushing.