sarik vacform

First Name
john
hi everyone can anyone give me some info on how to use this vacform tooling shaping etc as you can get it in 0.5 mm as someone told me to use this stuff as a replacement canopy but did"nt explain how . cheers lads for any feed back

HAWKERHUNTER

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Hey John

I thought they meant for you to just pick up a replacement canopy already formed. From my knowledge vac forming involves heating the sheet material and then placing it into a mould. By then sucking all the air out the vacuum sucks the heated material into the mould where it cools. If your old canopy is that bad just pick up a replacement. Try this forums online store(Scale Model Shop) or Hannants. You could also go back to the manufacturer. I dont know what kit you have but Airfix offer superb no nonsence back up support Hope this helps

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
"Smash moulding" is probably your easiest option. I am spectacularly bad at it so I will refrain from giving any advice. Someone will know better,or you could try a search for it.

Cheers

Steve

First Name
john
cheers for feedback guys think i"ll go for new canopy cheers

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
John , which kit is it youre missing the canopy from? Maybe someone will have a spare on here ? If you want to try crash moulding ,and the canopy isnt too complex in shape , I did a canopy for my dh 88 comet in this way , heres a link to the build , the canopy work is on page 4 http://www.scale-models.co.uk/planes/11445-airfix-dh-88-comet-1-72-a.html cheers tony