Sd.Kfz.139 Marder III "Centurion3RTR"

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
\ said:
Nicely done so far John, love the figures. All coming together very nicely.Cheers

Paul
You wouldn't of thought so if you was here Paul lol, it's a pain. I have the Tiger 1 & BergePanther from Italeri and are great kits but this, it must be old molds or i'm doing it wrong. Airbrush is still a no go thats why it looks odd with the paint. Them figures are great need to get some more for the stash, just in case.

Have fun, John

R

rogue-one

those figures are looking really well done john! the shading in the uniforms are perfect. the marder is looking great too. can't wait to see that all painted up.

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Thanks fellas, got a bit more done today, well the base anyway. My usual recycling, old picture frame and polystyrene block, static grass and long grass is not recycled though. The polystyrene block was made to fit the frame then roughen up on top ready for the grass, painted in earthy colours. Thinned PVA on top of that then the static grass, then it was time for the long grass. I made a tool some time ago out of an old needle and a cork, cut the eye of the needle to make a nice little poker in type tool thingy. I forgot to take photos of the ground work being built up, i just lost track of time.

Have fun, John

View attachment 17437View attachment 17442View attachment 17438View attachment 17440View attachment 17439View attachment 17441

View attachment 25337

View attachment 25338

View attachment 25339

View attachment 25340

View attachment 25341

View attachment 25342

DSCF5933.jpg

DSCF5931.jpg

DSCF5935.jpg

DSCF5934.jpg

DSCF5936.jpg

DSCF5932.jpg

C

Cov1

Lookin good John, might use some of them tips for grass on a Viet dio (well in the future).

What is it with Heng Long S&S units that drive women up the wall, my Mrs hates it when I start its patrol missions round the house! I think it sounds nice.....

Ade

R

rogue-one

that is lookin real good john! that grass trick is very smart, it must have been quite time consuming but worth it.

N

noble

Hi john this is looking real good so far i do like the technique for the grass keep up the good work.

scott

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Thanks lads, the grass was easy to do as it's not glued in just stuck in the holes. And i forgot to add to this post that it's now finished. http://www.scale-models.co.uk/completed/10064-two-degrees-left.html

Have fun, John