Seaview.

S

steve scan

This is one I started months ago it turned out to be a filler monster, months of filling and rubbing then after the first paint session I realised that the sail windows were a terrible fit I decided to fill them so more rubbing and filling, in the end decided to finish her as a modified Seaview class and took some liberty with the finish, did not come out as good as I would of liked but certainly an impressive model,

View attachment 117239

View attachment 117240

View attachment 117241

View attachment 117242

View attachment 117243

View attachment 117244

View attachment 117245

Thanks for looking.

View attachment 117232

View attachment 117233

View attachment 117234

View attachment 117235

View attachment 117236

View attachment 117237

View attachment 117238

CAM00025_zpsxr7bxwcl.jpg

CAM00021_zpsfxjv5wur.jpg

CAM00020_zpsvkmfhbcc.jpg

CAM00019_zpse2adqs8f.jpg

CAM00018_zpsxh7lf1rc.jpg

CAM00017_zpsbvn9kjit.jpg

CAM00016_zpsvtpfgiue.jpg

CAM00016_zpsvtpfgiue.jpg

CAM00017_zpsbvn9kjit.jpg

CAM00018_zpsxh7lf1rc.jpg

CAM00019_zpse2adqs8f.jpg

CAM00020_zpsvkmfhbcc.jpg

CAM00021_zpsfxjv5wur.jpg

CAM00025_zpsxr7bxwcl.jpg

Last edited:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Is this the big one Steve ?

I've heard this is a pig of a kit but I'm on the look out for one cheep I loved the show when I was a kid and it does look a cool sub

, do you get the mini sub with it ?

S

steve scan

\ said:
Is this the big one Steve ?
I've heard this is a pig of a kit but I'm on the look out for one cheep I loved the show when I was a kid and it does look a cool sub

, do you get the mini sub with it ?
Yeah it is the big one, no there is no flying sub with it and it certainly is a lot of work but it is worth it especially if you get it cheap.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
wow that's alot of work you had in front of you,looks good, ;)

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Yeah it is the big one, no there is no flying sub with it and it certainly is a lot of work but it is worth it especially if you get it cheap.
Cheers Steve that's the key word 'cheep' it depends on if someone just wants shot of one or not

I know polar lights do a smaller one if I have to I'll get that :smiling3:

S

steve scan

\ said:
Cheers Steve that's the key word 'cheep' it depends on if someone just wants shot of one or not
I know polar lights do a smaller one if I have to I'll get that :smiling3:
The 1/350 one should be less work though if you find this at a good price take it, I could have spent more time smoothing her down and put a lighting kit in her and she would be a showstopper, my pics. are crap so they don't show how nice she is but I spent so much time on her I decided enough was enough, I may revisit her at a later date and improve her.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Wow does that bring back memories! loved "Voyage to the bottom of the sea" though I'm sure I can't remember a single episode, she is one impressive build mate;)

S

steve scan

Thanks Jim, I have always loved this boat, I quite eager to do some more work on her already but I wont for a while. :smiling3:

J

John Rixon

All I can remember from that series is the background beeping pattern that was ever-present in the background of the interior shots - and I can remember it absolutely accurately! What is so odd, is that this show was completely out of my consciousness until I looked at these pictures. Brain is a funny thing...

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
The 1/350 one should be less work though if you find this at a good price take it, I could have spent more time smoothing her down and put a lighting kit in her and she would be a showstopper, my pics. are crap so they don't show how nice she is but I spent so much time on her I decided enough was enough, I may revisit her at a later date and improve her.
The photos aren't that bad Steve , this is a smooth hull so you won't see a lot of detail , I know what it's like when you get a kit that tests you and it's worse when it's a simple kit I think

The LHS has the 1/350 polar lights one for just over £30 I think , that's a bit much for a basic kit but it has been there a while so I might make him an offer and see if he wants rid of it :smiling3:

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
WOW, that is a whopper!!:eek:

Where do you stash a built kit that big??:confused:

S

steve scan

\ said:
That looks a fair size what scale is it? Looks the business.
Scott
Thanks Scott, I don't think it gives a scale but it is about 39 inches long.

S

steve scan

\ said:
WOW, that is a whopper!!:eek:
Where do you stash a built kit that big??:confused:
Lol. I am going to have to put a shelf up just for this one.

S

steve scan

\ said:
The photos aren't that bad Steve , this is a smooth hull so you won't see a lot of detail , I know what it's like when you get a kit that tests you and it's worse when it's a simple kit I think
The LHS has the 1/350 polar lights one for just over £30 I think , that's a bit much for a basic kit but it has been there a while so I might make him an offer and see if he wants rid of it :smiling3:
Changing into dollars 30 quid seems about par for the course, though models are more expensive here as a rule, I have decided I am going to revisit her in a few months and add some super detailing as well as alter the paintwork a little, strange but now I see her at this stage it makes me want to do more with her. :rolleyes: