Serious help needed please

S

SteveKeith

I'll definately pick up some floor tile adhesive next time I'm near Focus. I'm going back on Tuesday, so Tuesday evening I'll post how its coming on, and some pics hopefully.

V

Vicnewey

Here's a cheap way to get greenery that's the right colour as in nature , florists sell dried moss for flower arranging, not the type of sphagnum that you use for hanging baskets ( altho it might also work) but the stuff that grows round tree bases & on old logs etc. it will have been heat treated to kill bugs, Hobbies stores sell it in small bags at £2.50 but you don't need to spend any money if you can collect your own.

Collect the sort of moss you see on the woodland floor & peel it up into a bag, shaking off any obvious woodlice etc.

Take it home & microwave it, it needs a bit of experimenting to see how long it takes to heat it up enough to kill any bugs, then get your electric blender ( if it's not yours then ask permission ;) )& use it to shred it into tiny bits, you can end up with a bucket full at no cost & like all dried plants it will last for donkeys years. As an ex pro model maker I used this quite a lot, now retired I'm using it right now on something I'm currently working on.

Use PVA glue to coat up the section you are doing, as your scale is 1/72 then you might need to put your shreddings into a kitchen sieve & swirl it around with your fingers so the finer stuff goes through, If your diorama is already in situ then you won't need to worry if it's not stuck properly.

S

SteveKeith

Thanks, I'll definately be using moss instead of forking out loads. I'll post some pics later of how it's looking currently.

W

Waffen Bucks

I done a small F1 dio some time ago and used fine sandpaper (the black coloured one) as tarmac. Seemed to work well.

Good luck with the dio. I wouldn't even know where to start on this one :shocking:

W

Waffen Bucks

Also, hanging basket liners, when pulled with a wire brush are good sources of bushes. They can also be used as the base of the dio.