Severn Trow

First Name
Natalie
Hey, I’m looking for plans for the Trow for my model ship building dad - after knocking out one a year for as long as I can remember, this is the last on his wish list but really difficult to locate plans for. I found a 16 year old post on here regarding the Trow & emailed a contact on the off-chance, but (unsurprisingly) the address no longer exists. If anyone can help, I’d be really grateful.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
My small knowledge of boats tells me that a Severn Trow is a type of boat rather than a specific boat. A Trow is a flat bottom sailling barge used to carry corn on the Severn Or the Wye hence Severn Trow = a Trow used on the river Severn.

As to finding plans to build one, There was an article in Model boat magasin about a radio controlled one. Maybe the author of the article can help you. The Magasin is available on line as a digital mag.

Maybe Chris, @boatman might be able to put out some feelers on another forum he frequents that is boats, (boats and boats all the way down...) maybe someone there might have the info you need.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
My small knowledge of boats tells me that a Severn Trow is a type of boat rather than a specific boat. A Trow is a flat bottom sailling barge used to carry corn on the Severn Or the Wye hence Severn Trow = a Trow used on the river Severn.

As to finding plans to build one, There was an article in Model boat magasin about a radio controlled one. Maybe the author of the article can help you. The Magasin is available on line as a digital mag.

Maybe Chris, @boatman might be able to put out some feelers on another forum he frequents that is boats, (boats and boats all the way down...) maybe someone there might have the info you need.
Hey, I’m looking for plans for the Trow for my model ship building dad - after knocking out one a year for as long as I can remember, this is the last on his wish list but really difficult to locate plans for. I found a 16 year old post on here regarding the Trow & emailed a contact on the off-chance, but (unsurprisingly) the address n

o longer exists. If anyone can help, I’d be really grateful.

HI Natalie can you be a bit more specific on the name an type of boat is it like Ian says as i'll try for you on model boat mayhem an see what they say if i find out anything i will post on here for you to see ok
chris the boatman

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Natalie well i put on a post on mbm so see if they come up with anything an will let you know but qauy craft do plans service wonder if they can help but i think they mainly do warships
chris the boatman

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Natalie well i have had an answer to your qeustion details below
chris the boatman

xx.gif

Re: PLANS FOR A TROW

« Reply #2 on: Today at 11:09:08 am »

March and April Model Boats have a very comprehensive article in Severn Trow. Lots of info on where to get the info.
Severn Traders by Colin Green
Published by BLACK DWARF PUBLICATIONS, 1999
Second hand copy £25.00 via Abe Books
andChatham Directory of British Inshore Craft by B.Greenhill
Published by Mystic Seaport Museum Inc, 1997
Second hand £11.68 via Abe Books
Good Luck

First Name
Natalie
HI Natalie well i have had an answer to your qeustion details below
chris the boatman

xx.gif

Re: PLANS FOR A TROW

« Reply #2 on: Today at 11:09:08 am »

March and April Model Boats have a very comprehensive article in Severn Trow. Lots of info on where to get the info.
Severn Traders by Colin Green
Published by BLACK DWARF PUBLICATIONS, 1999
Second hand copy £25.00 via Abe Books
andChatham Directory of British Inshore Craft by B.Greenhill
Published by Mystic Seaport Museum Inc, 1997
Second hand £11.68 via Abe Books
Good Luck
Thank you so much for your help, Chris - really appreciate it.
Cheers,
Nat