Shelby cobra 427 s/c

First Name
Andy
Hi John,

I am really sorry, I have missed this build, you have done a fantastic job Sir, huge ***** from me also...

May I ask what you used for the plug leads please...

Andy...

J

John Huggins

Thanks all for ur kind comments, my next build will be the E-Type when i can find one.

Andy the H/T leads were a pain in the A** to do, i used coax core but it was not till i had finnished that i came accross some rubber tube left over from an old model i built some years ago.

John

First Name
Andy
Hi John,

Thank you for that, I have been trying different ones, I have found that the wires in old computer type cables (USB, Floppy Drive Ribbon etc) are the right diameter but they can lack some of the colours, I thought the ones you had used where the proper model type ones I have seen, they look good...

Andy...

C

cullyn

Hello from the Netherlands and sorry to enter this thread like this, but...

I'm building the exact same model right now, got the chassis sorted and the body painted. It's my first model btw.

Today I began gluing the chrome parts (lights, things on the hood, etc) to the body, which totally ruined my paint job.

I'm using Tamiya spray paint cans for the body, no clear coats or other finishes, and let it dry at least 24h before gluing. As glue I've first tried Uhu Plast Special glue, which went horribly wrong. Another part I tried to glue with Revell Contacta Liquid Special, which (mainly because I was even more careful) went better but hours later it's still not a strong connection, almost as if the glue don't stick well enough.

Can you guide me in the right direction?

P

Polux

I have missed this thread, i really sorry John!!

Fantastic and top work, 5 stars from me too.

Regards. Polux

P

phalinmegob

You need to scrape the paint off where you are glueing so that you are glueing plastic to plastic and not plastic to paint.

C

cullyn

Thanks for the reply. I've tried my best in doing so cause I know you are right. Still it's hard for me to glue without spilling even a tiny bit and this glue just loves to eat paint ;) Any particular brand or type of glue you can recommend?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
You can accurately apply Revell Contacta glue using the provided needle Cullyn. You don't need to use much, it's pretty strong stuff. If you are having trouble fixing the parts together, then the parts are probably still covered in paint or the paint is leaching into the gaps as the glue melts it. I've not made a car before but one thing you can try is to mask the surrounding areas to be bonded closely with masking tape to help stop the glue dripping onto your pre-painted parts. It's hard to suggest anything else without seeing the problem. Maybe start a new thread and we can comment further to help you?