space rescue scratchbuild

B

baz

Hi everyone,

I had some spare bits a spare bit of time and and a rush of blood and created this space rescue ship, equipped with 3 air lock docking ports the ability to remove fuel from stranded spacecraft and recycle it , a large robot arm for holding onto wrecked craft and a great BIG engine to get out into space quick and perform the rescue operations, YES I am a little crazy , let me know what you think and YES the paint job could be better I need an airbrush and lessons I think ,

regards Barrie ( the old guy )

View attachment 90833

View attachment 90834

View attachment 90835

View attachment 90836

View attachment 90837

View attachment 90838

View attachment 90839

View attachment 90840

View attachment 90841

View attachment 90842

DSCF8971.jpg

DSCF9066.jpg

DSCF8975.jpg

DSCF9011.jpg

DSCF9118.jpg

DSCF9120.jpg

DSCF9124.jpg

DSCF9132.jpg

DSCF9134.jpg

DSCF9121.jpg

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Regardless........ Gerry Anderson would hire you without blinking!! :D

That is a cool scratch build concept, well thought out and executed!

I dig the imagination!!

The airbrushing will come with time! (there is no rush, grasshopper.... ;) )

BRAVO!

B

baz

thanks for the nice comments snowman, I am from the old paintbrush school but I guess I will have to get an airbrush sometime or find some one near me who loves to paint. I amy be an old guy but the imagination is still fresh and always going.....

regards Barrie ( the old guy ) well a shade over 59.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Great work Baz I like the idea and the execution of it all, I also like the paint job on it looks a well used space craft

M

Mike

If it helps, I have an airbrush and can't do anything as awesome as this!!

A bad workman blames his tools. You clearly are not a bad workman.

Snowman

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
No probs, Barnie. :smiling3:

Age is just a number, it's the kid inside driving the body that really counts! ;)

I'm 45 going on 12............ :P

D

Deleted member 3568

Great imagination should paint it all red and call it red dwarf II loving it.

B

baz

Thank you one and all for the comments yes I am going on about 12 or 14 myself, I just love model making and admire many of you other great model makers out there. Next project will be along soon I hope another BIG build I think to take me over the winter months.

regards Barrie ( the old guy ) maybe I might be given an airbrush for Christmas !.

B

baz

One of my all time great films, hope you enjoy the rerun Waffen, Gerry Anderson must have inspired many millions of people to have ago at model making he was my inspiration that first watch of thunderbirds and I was hooked .

regards Barrie ( the old guy who watched thunderbirds the first time round)

Snowman

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Full on!!

Thunderbirds is probably what started the ball rolling. My kids can't relate to it, they just see puppets?!?:confused:

Those modellers went on to do the models and scenery for Space 1999 & Star Wars, they set the bench mark for all Sci Fi miniatures, prior to the onset of CGI.

On the animation side, Robotech (Macross) floats my boat! :P

B

baz

Have you noticed that a lot of film makers still prefer models to CGI as they give a ( real feel ) to things and even the best CGI can still be spotted ( well most of it ) Thunderbirds was the start of creation on a gicgantic scale sorry about the pun..

regards barrie ( the old guy who loves thuinderbirds )

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Cannot beat a scale model in a film, just like a real film set, as good as CGI gets, and in some cases very good indeed, the human brain lives in the real world and can tell, no matter how tarted up they make it. Saying that the CGI in the film Gravity was really good.

Another beauty Barrie, you are the king or scratching sci-fi!

Si:smiling3: