Spare Parts

First Name
Gary
I've almost finished my ICM Heinkel 111 H-3 and its looking good except.......

I'm not 100% happy with the whole of the front canopy which is a fiddly 4 part assembly. I mean it looks OK but its a bad piece of design from ICM on what is otherwise a pretty good kit. I'd like to replace it if I can find one. I've written to ICM asking if they can supply a replacement clear sprue but does anyone know where I can ask elsewhere for what is probably a rare request

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Companies like Falcon and Squadron do replacement canopies. Have a search for them.

First Name
Gary
Thanks guys. I think I would want injection moulded rather than vac formed. Harder to find I know. The one on there is ok, just. But I hate it when I know that underneath it’s not quite right even if it’s hard to spot.

But I’ll check those out. When I’ve finally finished I’ll post the picture in Aircraft and you can see if I really need a replacement.

Reactions: JR

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Vacform is the only one you'll find. Unless you know someone else with the kit and you know someone that can do a crash mould of it.

First Name
Gary
Thats what I thought Alan. Injection is impossible unless ICM will supply a new sprue or someone has one not used. The latter is unlikely of course. But as I say the one on the plane looks OK and I'll only change it if someone comes up up with a replacement

Last edited:

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
As an extreme solution, you could do it much like the Bf 109 @Steven000 is building: put a tarp over the cockpit.

Reactions: JR
First Name
Gary
Thats creative. I could hit it with a hammer and claim a shoping trolley accident in Teco's carpark :smiling5:

But thanks for the suggestions :thumb2: