spot the difference!

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Ok peeps heres a little teaser, just for a giggle. I recently did the vultee vengeance for the Pacific SIG and also did another one at the same time as a parallell build , one is the original 1974 Frog kit , the other is the modern Revell re-issue . Without looking at the build thread can you tell which is which ?

View attachment 52905

View attachment 52906

P1110168 [Desktop Resolution].jpg

P1110169 [Desktop Resolution].jpg

P

Polux

In the first pic, on the right is the frog Kit.

The exhaust pipe looks different.

S

Sky Raider

I was sure PP was correct but when i looked at the second picture im sure you shuffled them. lol

Andy

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
I think the one with the open engine cowl flaps is the Revell re-issue, which means B*GR is the Frog one, :confused: and Andy's right, the kits are swapped in each photo, B*GR is on the right in the first shot and on the left in the second, oooo sneaky.

Good game though.:clap2:

Tony.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Andrew ,polux, andtony you are right. BG-R is the old frog kit , the one with the open cowl flaps is the revell re-issue. The funny thing is , the frog kit fitted better ,had a nicer canopy and gave me less trouble with the decals! cheers tony

P

Polux

We are the winners!!!

Very well, where it's necessary to go for catch the cruise tickets?

What....? Not?

Well, so a "voucher" for six kits on john's shop.

What....? Neither?

Well, and a coffee....?

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I couldn't tell which was which but they do look different proportionally somehow,or maybe that's my eyes.

In any case they make a damned fine pair....of models.

Cheers

Steve

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Steve, the only difference is the revell one had a few extra details added such as the cowl flaps , exhausts and a bit on the undercarriage. The other difference is the colour of the code letters , revell has them in a dark grey , frog has them in a lighter colour , whos to say whats right? cheers tony