Started this one: Bell OH-58D Kiowa Warrior - Italeri 1/72

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
It's looking good Francesco. When I built my 1/72 UH-1B I found it was easier to mask the clear parts prior to fitting them. A bit late to tell you that, but looking forward to seeing the paint on your machine.

Z

Ziper_it

Many thanks for your nice comments.

Some more sanding then I'll be ready for painting. There are few imperfections in rescribed panel lines (ah, inexperience) but I should be able to hide them with weathering.

I should receive my Iwata today, so time to decide if I go handbrushing or airbrushing.

Luckily the glass is not yet glued so I have time to mask it :smiling3:

Francesco

Z

Ziper_it

Guys,

Hope you will forgive me, but I couldn't resist trying the new AB and accelerate.

Tomorrow I will try to recover, attaching the glass, masking all and retouching mistakes.

I even tried some pre/post-shading that was coming out nicely but that was hidden by my impatience to wait.

View attachment 70759

Francesco

Edit: the white stuff is chalk, I will also fade it better tomorrow.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381269367.764599.jpg

Z

Ziper_it

Thank you, but I must confess it is not so good when seen closer.

Guys,

Have a question for you. I'm trying to glue the glass using white (PVA?) glue but I'm not satisfied because of the white effect on the border of the glass (see pic). Am I doing something wrong here?

View attachment 70829

Thanks,

Francesco

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381347668.594202.jpg

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
PVA drying white is normally down to a couple of factors, not mixed enough and temprature (too cold). You could wait a couple days and that may cure it and it should go clear.

Si:smiling3:

Z

Ziper_it

At the end I used Humbrol ClearFix that I had at home. The white effect from the reflex (don't know exactly how to describe it) it's hardly noticeable.

So I'm back with this model, after many tries I've been able to shape the new air intake/conduct the easiest way by printing a drawing in scale and using it to measure. I was discarding this solution as all the found drawings were different and from picture was almost impossible to identify correctly the shape. However it looked that was the only alternative to move on.

I sprayed the top window transparent green and again the helo drab, still need to paint doors and doghouse in red.

Masking did not work as expected, more for the surfacer than for the paint, however i may have still some chance to recover, let's see tonight. Worst than this was only the imprecise scribing.

I will complete the model anyhow, even if I consider it ruined, as will serve for training and looks decent if you don't look at it closely.

The picture says it all.

View attachment 71957

Bye for now,

Francesco

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382962523.643544.jpg

Z

Ziper_it

Hi,

There's not too much I can't do on this beside some matt transparent so I call it complete.

This is a training OH-58D from 1-14avn regt at ft.Rucker, AL.

View attachment 72555

View attachment 72556

View attachment 72557

View attachment 72558

It has been a challenge to build, especially for rescribing the raised panel lines. Build is not perfect, painting a bit better, overall I'm satisfied with it.

Thanks for following and sharing your comments.

Francesco

Ciao,

Francesco

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1383846484.346599.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1383846503.893861.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1383846518.190114.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1383846528.246669.jpg

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice work Francesco, given all the mods you have done, this has turned out nicely.

Z

Ziper_it

Thanks Joe, really appreciate.

It has been a good test bench.

Francesco