starting a new diorama

T

Tyler Christiansen

hey so I'm starting a new dio in a couple of weeks. the Diorama will be academy's 1/35 tiger I early with interior, tank support and crew, Master Box Limited's german tank repairmen, and Dragon's german command staff. Any suggestions/tips/ verbal abuse (lol jk)?

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Where are we fighting Europe or Africa?

Ian M

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Old building: been done, Oasis; been done.

:idea:

Tiger tank stuck on a rocky outcrop. Recovery tank pulling it off. Repair crew standing by,or helping. Commander from tank explaining to commander in command car.

Some thing to start with at least.

Ian M

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Sounds good Tyler, post some pictures of the progress.

Good ideas from Ian M, just remember before you finally decide on Africa that Tiger 1's in that campaign were fitted with special engine air filters and also had different exhaust shields than normal, with slots cut in to dissipate the heat quicker. Also, the front track guards were cut back to the side armour line.

If you care to click on my gallery and go to page 4, there are some pictures of my Tiger 1 in Africa and these bits are easily seen, far better than I can explain here! lol

I hope they will be of some help to you.

Before I get pulled up, the above is from my readings on Tigers. Someone could well have read something different, such is the subject matter.....

Ron

Last edited by a moderator:
T

Tyler Christiansen

OK thank you now this is my first "planned" diorama so it might not look really good. thanks for the ideas. what I was thinking of doing though was having the Tiger tank load up on ammo and have some men working on the engine while off to the side there is a German command staff watching some battle off in the distance. another thing, when you built your tiger did it come with all that stuff or were they extras that I need to buy

Last edited: