Stuka Pilots colour scheme

S

skipyy77

Hello, I've just bought Hecker & Boros German Stuka Crew 39-45 for my Hasegawa 1:48 Stuka G-2.

The colour shown on the packet shows the crew wearing a tan bomber jacket. Although some pictures I have seen the stuka crews wearing a blue bomber suit.

Does anyone have a picture of how these bomber crews would look like between 44-45 when the G-2's where in use.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I'll be home in a day or two when I can very likely turn something up for you.

In the meantime I have to say that bomber crews,including "Stuka" crews are most often seen wearing flight suits. I can't find a decent image of those figures to check if they are wearing a suit or some other combination. To be honest anything is possible.

Cheers

Steve

S

skipyy77

Thanks for your reply. If you have any reference pictures that would help me with the subject that would be very helpful.

I found this link, the last two pictures state fighter/bomber crew and the last one states bomber crew/pilot eastern front. The colour of the uniform is very different from a dark tan to a beige colour.

All I would like to see is a reference of Rudel during the summer months of either of '44.

I'm not sure if they will have this in his autobiography. I hope to read this at some point in the near future. It's a shame he was such a hard core nazi, otherwise hollywood would of at least tried to make a decent anti nazi movie, who knows maybe Speilberg might have one on the list. Shame that Red Tails was so rubbish, the stuka would be a great subject matter.

Cheers

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
This is pretty typical.

Have a google of Luftwaffe flight gear or similar. There are a few militaria and re-enactor sites that maybe helpful. I have a friend who collects a lot of this sort of thing who has given me advice in the past,if I can find him (somewhere between Sweden and Downunder!) he might have some useful links.

Steve

Last edited by a moderator: