Sturmpanzer IV Brummbar (Tamiya 1:35)

Steven000

WWII and nuts.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
Hello,

Another OOB project of mine is this Brummbär from Tamiya.
I like to exercise on airbrushing and painting models, so I favor kits that come together rather fast...
Steven_Brummbar_001.jpg

This was the setup to start painting, I didn't use the side panels, there nice but I like the look of this Sturmpanzer IV without them...
I used the 2 figures included in the kit.
Steven_Brummbar_002.jpg

I did a bit of pre-shading (Vallejo)
Steven_Brummbar_003.jpg

Then I used a brown-red to create some thin lines,
Steven_Brummbar_004.jpg

But that turned out a bit different than I had planned, so eventually I added green as well...
It's still a work in progress, but it will look better once the weathering is added ... fingers crossed :smiling5:
Steven_Brummbar_005.jpg

Steven_Brummbar_006.jpg

Thanks for reading and kind regards,
Steven

Last edited:

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Cant beat a Tamiya kit for reliability. I expect it went together well. Nice free hand camo work Steven. Looking forward to seeing the next stages

Steven000

WWII and nuts.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
Thanks Steve, the kit went together well indeed, but those tracks took me all evening to mount! :dizzy:
The track-tension was very high which made it very difficult to connect both ends and touch the small pins with a soldering iron in my 3rd hand...

Here the tracks were painted, I also spattered them with a few colors and tried to highlight the bare metal...
Steven_Brummbar_007.jpg

I've put on decals and added a pin wash with brown oil paint, here and there some smaller details were painted
Steven_Brummbar_008.jpg

Steven_Brummbar_009.jpg

Some subtle weathering might be added later (dust etc)
Next I will start painting the 2 figures...

Thanks for reading and kind regards :thumb2:
Steven

Steven000

WWII and nuts.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
Yes the figures came with the kit Steve ; ), with a bit of luck I might be able to start painting them tomorrow...
Cheers, Steven

Steven000

WWII and nuts.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
Hi guys,
Just a small update on the figures;
I haven't yet found a good technique for figure-painting, so each time I have to figure out from scratch how to get things done...
I'm using Vallejo model color paint.

I started with the eyes, the left guy has a really depressed look on his face but then again - war is hell...
Steven_Brummbar_010.jpg

At the moment their head is pretty much done I think, not sure how I can improve it further...
I will try to make a small dio, something in Normandy after the landings, from the 116th panzer division as I put those markings already on the vehicle...
Steven_Brummbar_011.jpg

Thanks for reading and kind regards,
Steven

Steven000

WWII and nuts.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
Thanks Si and Wouter, I just had a quick look at some of the videos, looks interesting indeed :thumb2:
At least I already have one thing in common with masters like him... The time it takes to paint one :smiling5:
Cheers,
Steven

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Those figures are stunning Steven. I would be more than happy with those heads. Wonderful work. Looking forward to seeing the dio