Superglue debonder

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Just a quickie folks. Does anyone know how long it takes for superglue/CA de-bonder to work? All it says on the instructions is to apply the de-bonder and wait until the glue softens. That was 20 minutes ago .....

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Dave, bung the piece in the freezer for 20 mins, that should break the bond, CA has a poor shear force-do not try and pull twist gently from the side and it should just pop apart. The cold accelerates the process.

Debonder should have started working after 20 mins, however the warm day may have evaporated the solvents quicker.

Si:smiling3:

L

Laurie

Tried the debonder. Not impressed. If it is attached to paint I think CA buries itself in the paint. So that is not good as there will be a mark or the paint film will come away.

So pessimist. o_O After 20 mins the debonder has dried out got it to work sort off after a minute. Seems a lot depends on the thickness of he CA plus how long it has been there.

Sorry Dave no help at all on the positive side. ;)

Laurie

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Freezer, hang on, what if Dave is typing one handed, because the other is bonded !

O

omi1966

May be he is stuck to the desk and can't reach the freezer, will have to kit bash all night.

D

Deleted member 3568

If he's stuck to the desk will it even fit in the freezer . What if he's got the glue on his hand and it's stuck to the outside of the freezer or what if he dropped some on the floor after a bare foot modeling session andstepped on it can he reach the jack hammer. Oh the suspence its killing me.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
\ said:
If he's stuck to the desk will it even fit in the freezer . What if he's got the glue on his hand and it's stuck to the outside of the freezer or what if he dropped some on the floor after a bare foot modeling session andstepped on it can he reach the jack hammer. Oh the suspence its killing me.
Just to put us out of your misery Ken, none of the above! It just didn't work so the bits I stuck together are staying together!

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Just to put us out of your misery Ken, none of the above! It just didn't work so the bits I stuck together are staying together!
Poo, worth a try Dave.

Si:smiling3:

james pithouse

Models are fun just ask kpnuts
First Name
James
glad you did not use gorilla super glue you'll never get that apart then you'll be really stuck71ZFpdcHqgL._SL1314_.jpg

Gorilla Super Glue is a super glue that keeps holding strong, even when the bond takes a hit. Just hold in place for 30-60 seconds while the formula sets, no clamping necessary.

Features include:

IMPACT STRENGTH - unique rubber particles increase impact-resistance and strength to handle everyday use after your repair or creation is set.

WON'T CLOG - anti-clog tip with metal pin keeps nozzle clean.

EASY TO USE - thick formula flows better for improved control. Dries in just 30-60 seconds, with no clamping.

WHATEVER THE SURFACE - use on nearly anything, from wood, metal, ceramics, some plastics, rubber and a whole lot more!