Tamiya 1:14 trucks

N

new to trains

no but i really fancy having a go- its the cost that puts me off, i see they are alot cheaper on ebay from a hong kong seller, but i expect the importation taxes will be added and stuff......

plus by the time you have tractor unit , trailer, baterries, 4ch radio and all the sundries it ends up being a small fortune,

and i cant justify it right now.....(well i can its the wife that can't,)

especially as i have a half complete RC projects such as

topaz launch ( marten howes$& bayliss)

a 1;12 brede class lifeboat

a bibber midget submarine

an anteo tug by mantua models

an open steam launch ( hull and plan aquired at a boot fair)

and a 1:24 scale clyde puffer

add to that a half started new N scale model railway layout and an electric park flyer model aircraft.......

when i get his lot finished i may go for one of the american style trucks from tamiya !

K

KenP

The cost is high, just have to keep it away from the wife!!!!!

I've just finishes a Martin, Howes & Bayliss Vigilant ( except for completing the R/C side ) and have a 50% Fleetscale Missouri on the go and have just started a Jokita HMS Victory. Just fancied a change from Boats, not aircraft as they are prone to crash !!!!!

M

Maxydyne

I have one! I am stationed in Kuwait at the moment, or I'd have pics to post. As I am obsessed with trucks, it is as close to a real one as you can get, only thing really different is you arenot inside it. I bought it in Korea, in 2000. I finally completed it in 2007-08! It has lights, sounds, turn signals, even shakes like a real one! Over that span of time though, I have put close to $2000 into her! I have recently been looking around trying to see how to add more lights to the trailer, As Tamiya only makes the tail lights and turn signals for the trailer. I've come across web sites where guys have money and time to do all sorts of stuff, strech the frame, lights every where! Back on track here, it is an awesome model to build!!

Maxydyne