Tamiya 1:24 Ferrari F40

T

typerjim

Nice build, but you should apply some wash on it. Lines on the body are barely visible.

I'd recommend to do the pictures in the daylight as well, that will decrease noise effect and add a lot to your presentation.

Good luck with NSX!

Regards,

Bart.

T

typerjim

Thanks for the tip.

Pardon my ignorance but I don't know what 'wash' is? - unless you mean it just needs a clean - which I'm sure you don't!

I will be sure to get the NSX washed and pictured in daylight when it is done!....

PS. can you recommend a tool to shade panel gaps in black? I saw some dude on YouTube do this to an F40 and it was really effective!

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
A wash is just a thinned paint or pigment that is used to bring out detail and panel lines. Much as you have self pondered in your PS. its not a secret tool or magical trick just good old paint.

Good panel lines on a car can be done with a very thin, water like thin paint and a very fine brush. Just load the brush and place the tip carefully in the panel line. The wash will wick out of the brush and run up the line.

The model will need a gloss finish for this to work.

If you paint with Acrylics, an oil paint wash is best. If you paint with enamels, a water based wash will be needed, as the solvent for the oil/enamel paint will effect the body colour paint.

Nice car by the way, even though I don't like Ferraries, well most of them. I like a Dino.

Ian M