Tamiya 1/24 Nissan R390 GT1

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Looking sharp Jason! nice rescue with the primer, and the engine and cockpit are excellent, cheers tony

First Name
Jason
Week Seven

Feels like some progress has been made this week. For a change the decals on this one were an absolute joy. I got them done over the course of two evenings and even though I say so myself they look pretty cool (loving the black to red fade):cool:

View attachment 71126

View attachment 71127

Remade the brake cooling ducts from sprue and detailed with a bit of BMF. the Body is dry fitted to check that every thing lines up now that I've fixed the cockpit and engine in place. It didn't take much jiggling at all, even the bits I chopped up seem to line up OK!

View attachment 71128

View attachment 71129

The engine was detailed with various bits of wire, mostly stripped from old chargers and usb cables, I'm not sure its entirely accurate but hey, it's not like I'm gonna be driving it...

View attachment 71130

View attachment 71131

That's it for now, body is coming back off and will be living somewhere warm and dry until next weekend when I should be clear coating it.... There are a few more fiddly bits to be done; front and rear lights and the windows. Oh and the tyres need to be scrubbed but I'm definitely on the final lap!

Thanks for looking

Jason

DSC00959.JPG

DSC00960.JPG

DSC00965.JPG

DSC00963.JPG

DSC00962.JPG

DSC00964.JPG

C

CDW

Does look nice in this colour scheme ... I'm used to the Calsonic version in gran tourismo :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Stunning model, and a lot of work gone into it to make it superb, very impressed.

Si:smiling3:

First Name
Jason
Thanks for the kind comments guys, they're really appreciated :smiling3:

I think Studio 27 do the Calsonic livery, I may have to build another!!!

Jason

J

John Huggins

Outstanding build Jason truly outstanding.

One day i hope to be this good.

John

First Name
Jason
\ said:
I think you might :smiling3: :smiling3:
I think I will:smiling3: :smiling3:

Thanks Polux, nice to have you watching

\ said:
Outstanding build Jason truly outstanding.One day i hope to be this good.

John
Now that really is high praise John, Thank you. But you've raised the bar pretty high with the finish on that E-Type;)

Jason

First Name
Jason
Week Eight and a halfish

Finally got the beast finished:D. Please look in the completed thread for pics. http://www.scale-models.co.uk/threads/nissan-r390-gt1.22441/

Thanks

Jason.

Last edited by a moderator: