Tamiya 1/35 Panther Sd.kfz 171

C

CDW

Probably a bit of an anti-climax after Rons "coldwar" jobbie but here goes :smiling3:

Another one for the "hairy stick club" that we apparently now have here according to our founder member "Guru Ron" :smiling3:

Used loads of reference photos to get camo patterns (colours just mixed up as best i could) and applied these to the model, found a few unusual add-ons on the Axis history forum .. such as the extra shackles attached to the rear end of the hull (holes drilled in what i suppose are lifting hooks ???? and shackles/cables added)

I noticed that the numbers and insignias were painted on and not very well in some cases, this i've attempted on here (supprising how hard it is to get details to look hand painted on a tank when you're actually hand painting them !!!!)

Anyway i'll let the pictures show my interpretation of this historic battle tank.

View attachment 43567View attachment 43572View attachment 43573View attachment 43574View attachment 43575View attachment 43576View attachment 43568View attachment 43569View attachment 43570View attachment 43571

As per usual ..... comments welcome (good, bad, indifferent, insulting ... whatever :smiling3: )

View attachment 46810

View attachment 46811

View attachment 46812

View attachment 46813

View attachment 46814

View attachment 46815

View attachment 46816

View attachment 46817

View attachment 46818

View attachment 46819

Photo0658.jpg

Photo0660.jpg

Photo0661.jpg

Photo0676.jpg

Photo0677.jpg

Photo0678.jpg

Photo0679.jpg

Photo0680.jpg

Photo0681.jpg

Photo0682.jpg

D

dubster72

I like it Colin & it's certainly no anti-climax! You've done a very good job there, creating a muddy tough example of a fine tank ( one of my favourites! ). I've seen the extra shackle mounting points on the Kingtiger, but not the Panther so it's a handy tip.

I'm glad you did the Zimmerit as you did, at first I thought it would look slightly over-scale, but I think it works well as the stuff was rather 'whacked on' with very little in the way of care! Also, it makes me feel better about my 1st attempt at home-made Zimm, which you'll see in a week or so!

The only thing I'd see in a ever-so-slightly, less-than-100%-positive way.... hehe trying to not be too direct or blunt here! No, seriously, I always like to see at least one crewman with a tank, if only to give it a sense of scale.

All in all, top marks!

Cheers

Patrick

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Will you look at this...that is one muddy tank and no mistake.

Excellent stuff Colin. Looking at that great zimmerit, I reckon I had it easy with my Chieftain!

Let our two tanks sit on the 'Brush hands shelf' as equals.

Great job mate,

Ron

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
Top quality build bud loving the zimmeret finish looks outstanding...

One of my favorite tanks of the war and you've done it complete justice top build

Geegad

M

mobear

you know what?............i love it,looks like the winter or their discontent with all that muck on it.fab mate real fab

mobear

C

CDW

thank you very much guys, i really didnt expect these comments as it was a trial and error attempt at the kit which i wasnt 100% sure about.

confidence boosted !!!! cheers :smiling3: