L

Louis Beckerson

This Tiger 1 was inspired by Andy's Hobby Headquarters and has been an absolute joy to build, the pieces stuck together well, i ran into almost no problems along the way. Once again another beautiful kit that proves that TAMIYA is a brilliant model company.

Link to Andy's Channel -> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChnAgeghaNKLdftbfJY8zNA

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpeg

Last edited:
L

Louis Beckerson

Forgot to mention i have also added the tank commander in the top however this was after the pictures were taken

D

dubster72

Louis, Tamiya kits are quite straightforward to build but one day try a Dragon kit - you'll be amazed by the level of detail & notice what Tamiya fail to include.. weld beads anyone? ;)

The winter whitewash has turned out well! One small point if I may...

The tracks need to be laying flat along the majority of the upper roadwheels. If you add a dab of superglue & hold them in place it'll look much nicer.

Cheers

Patrick

L

Louis Beckerson

\ said:
Louis, Tamiya kits are quite straightforward to build but one day try a Dragon kit - you'll be amazed by the level of detail & notice what Tamiya fail to include.. weld beads anyone? ;)
The winter whitewash has turned out well! One small point if I may...

The tracks need to be laying flat along the majority of the upper roadwheels. If you add a dab of superglue & hold them in place it'll look much nicer.

Cheers

Patrick
Thanks for the tip, i will look into Dragon kits as well, Appreciate the advice i will adjust that soon.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
super build,Louis,and she has been washed by the first of the spring rains, ;)

your done a great job on this real like the look and the weathering,very well done,

agree with Patrick on both points he has said,the Dragon kits do have very nice detail,

so maybe put one on your list, :D

L

Louis Beckerson

\ said:
super build,Louis,and she has been washed by the first of the spring rains, ;)
your done a great job on this real like the look and the weathering,very well done,

agree with Patrick on both points he has said,the Dragon kits do have very nice detail,

so maybe put one on your list, :D
Cheers monica, im a little unsatisfied on the snow effect i feel as if there should be more white than grey but thats just me! Appreciate the compliments

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
do understand were your coming from with,that,you know you can always do another,

coat or two,of different tones of whitish,to leave a bit more on it,only an idea, ;) :smiling3:

L

Louis Beckerson

\ said:
do understand were your coming from with,that,you know you can always do another,
coat or two,of different tones of whitish,to leave a bit more on it,only an idea, ;) :smiling3:
Yeah im doing that now just waiting for the paint to dry ;)

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
oh lol,

thats the good thing with this type of weathering,your able to come back and redo or touch up work,

will look forward to seeing it, ;) :D

F

Fenlander

Believe me Louis, getting a good snow camo wash is not as easy as it looks. Like I said before, I have yet to achieve one I am happy with. However, I quite like the really grungy look you have achieved with this one. Don't over work or over think it as, sometimes, it is best to stop and move onto the next model. You can always come back as you gain experience and touch things up.

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Wow, that one has been through the grinder.........:cool: