SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Nice one, and quick :smiling3:

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
And that's 1.48 ?.. a most brilliant finish Sir, that paint work looks awesome, top marks indeed

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Thanks guys.

Yes Chris, although to be fair it's not much smaller than the 1/35 Comets I'm working on. It was my first time using AK Real colour paint (not the one pictured) and I was really happy with it.

PXL_20230715_175713336.jpg

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Thanks Jim.

I'm enjoying these quick builds. Just what I need at the moment while real life is so turbulent :smiling3:

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
It was my first time using AK Real colour paint (not the one pictured) and I was really happy with it.
You too? I bought a few bottles some months ago and sprayed the wading ducts on my Churchill AVRE with one of them, as well as brush-painting various other bits on the model. It works really well for both applications, IMHO.

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
Out of interest. The IFF panels! I cannot for the life of me remember CH1's or 2's sporting the panels in all the 20 years 64 days I spent at Bovington/Lulworth Gunnery School. Did they fit them to deployed units only or what??

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Absolutely no idea Doug, I just built what was in the box :smiling5:

I've seen them fitted in plenty of pictures though so didn't question it.

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
Absolutely no idea Doug, I just built what was in the box :smiling5:

I've seen them fitted in plenty of pictures though so didn't question it.
Andy, just had a 'google' and from what I see of the images on the net. The majority sporting the panels are desertised versions and appear to be in the Middle East, barring the Ukraine export images!!!

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
The IFF panels! I cannot for the life of me remember CH1's or 2's sporting the panels in all the 20 years 64 days I spent at Bovington/Lulworth Gunnery School. Did they fit them to deployed units only or what??
These were only used on actual deployment, AFAIK — the first time they were seen in public was on American and British vehicles in the 2003 Iraq war. They’re meant to show up distinctly on thermal imagers, to prevent friendly fire. The American term for them is Combat Identification Panel, or CIP, but I’m not sure what the British Army calls them.