Tamiya 262 ??

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Hi Theuns ,I came across this image showing the whole tow bar attached to an Me262. It would be easy to make if you wanted to include one in your diorama.

Hope it gives you some inspiration!

Cheers

Steve

T

T. van Vuuren

Hey Steve, I was at uor local IPMS thing this weekend at the war meseum in JHB.

Check out this interesting cammo on the 2 seater 262 night fighter.

Theuns

View attachment 21314

IPMS 011.jpg

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
That's nice. I think they've gone for an 80/81 or 81/82 mottle.It's hard to be certain about the late colours and either is entirely feasible. They've made a very neat job of it.I wonder how it handled with two 300 litre drop tanks attached.

Cheers

Steve

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Hi JFJ,that profile is based on the Messerschmitt document I posted earlier. The pattern is correct and the two colours should be RLM82 (a green colour described in german documents as Hell-grun or Oliv-grun) and RLM81 (described as Dunkelbraun or Braunviolet) It is a brownish colour and certainly not the plum/purple colour on the profile. Otherwise it looks possible.

Cheers

Steve

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
\ said:
Hi Theuns ,I came across this image showing the whole tow bar attached to an Me262. It would be easy to make if you wanted to include one in your diorama.Hope it gives you some inspiration!

Cheers

Steve
I don't know how I missed this picture earlier - but I'd really hate to see that view in my rear mirror if I was flying an allied plane. That looks really sinister!

Gern

F

Fenlander

They certainly have that shark look about them, wonder if any had the teeth on like the American fighters.

T

T. van Vuuren

I could also go to the other side and do the 262 in the USAF collours (post war)

Theuns

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
They certainly have that shark look about them, wonder if any had the teeth on like the American fighters.
The fancy art work tends to be on early war Luftwaffe aircraft. Late war aircraft rarely even feature personal or squadron emblems. Always exceptions and never rules (I've been studying the Luftwaffe long enough never to make an unequivocal statement!) but I've not seen a shark mouth Me262 which is a shame as it's crying out for one.

Steve

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Whilst looking for something completely different I found a shark's mouth on a Bf110E-2 fighter bomber of II./ZG 76. Early war as it still has the white tactical markings introduced for September 1940. A few of this type of unit carried large emblems like this. The famous "Wespe" of ZG 1 and wolf's head of a unit I can't remember spring to mind.

Cheers

Steve