Testor/Revell Color Conversion Question

E

Ereden

Greetings,

I'm new to modelling, but I'm excited about getting started. I teach Social Studies and I think models in the classroom could be pretty cool. That aside, I have a list of enamel paint colors in my Revell instructions for my Spitfire Mark II airplane model and one of the colors is "Blue Green." I did some paint conversion chart hunting and according to what I've found so far neither Revell nor Testors makes a "Blue Green" color of enamel paint. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, how can I figure out what color Testors paint I should use to be the equivalent of Revell's (non-existent) Blue Green?

Thanks for your time - and an apology beforehand if I missed something obvious that makes you think, "noob" :smiling3:

S

Stevekir

Could you let us know where the blue-green paint is to be used (which part)?

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
What number is on the Revell instructions? It will be easier to convert it from that and probably tell you which bit it needs to go on

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Hi Ereden and welcome to the forum.

I've just pulled up the instructions for your Spit and from what I have seen the "Blue-Green" refered to is interior green for the cockpit which I found on here - Ultimate Model Paint Conversion Chart - Paint4models.com.

Revell don't seem to do this colour but Testors do, if i'm right, and the Testor number is 2062.

Hope this helps.

Good luck with your build and post some pictures when you're done so we can see how it turned out please.

Regards,

Tony.

E

Ereden

Thanks guys! I appreciate the help...wow, Tony, that database has a lot of great stuff in it. I found that database last night, guess I didn't use the right criteria in my search - I'm still not sure what all those columns mean. lol :smiling3:

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Glad I could help.

If it's any help, when I first used the paint conversion chart, I just clicked the buttons to see what happened til I got the hang of it. It can be a great help when looking for kit stated colour from another paint range.

Tony.

B

backonthecase

That's a great system,

As Tony says, just mess around til you find something.

How I did it was: - click all the brands you know you can get hold of, so they're ticked, including British Standard and FS, then type something like "Gunship Gray" or whatever. Then untick the ones you don't use, leaving say Tamiya, Testor, FS numbers (for cross referencing).

THEN

If one brand has an FS equivalent, you can then re-search for the FS number and see if any brands match.

A bit long winded but I hope this helps

Stuart

S

Stevekir

\ said:
That's a great system,As Tony says, just mess around til you find something.

How I did it was: - click all the brands you know you can get hold of, so they're ticked, including British Standard and FS, then type something like "Gunship Gray" or whatever. Then untick the ones you don't use, leaving say Tamiya, Testor, FS numbers (for cross referencing).

THEN

If one brand has an FS equivalent, you can then re-search for the FS number and see if any brands match.

A bit long winded but I hope this helps

Stuart
This doesn't work for me. I clicked on the address given by mossipilot but the screen was blank. I then downloaded the PDf version, but (not unexpectedly with a PDF) clicking the column heading (as you recommend) simply selects the text of that heading.

!??!

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Hi Steve, I've had this problem too. I wondered if it was a problem with my browser, I use firefox, but I find if I reload/refresh the page a few times the page comes up. I'm going to try it on internet explorer see if that any better.

I'll let you know.

Tony.

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Yes, that worked better, came up first try.

Tony.

S

Stevekir

\ said:
Yes, that worked better, came up first try.Tony.
Yes! Got it. Thanks. What a useful resource. Is it up to date, do you think?

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
As far as I've been able to test it, against Vallejo and humbrol, which are paints I can get the easiest, it's correct.

Tony.