The Laughing Tanker... 1:35 Revell Sherman Calliope

B

Boldman

Well I think I am going to call this one finished!

Rockets added and stowage. Pinched some bits from a resin set I got last year that included French-style provisions, including a crate of wine! More mud added and everything placed appropriately on the base...

The Laughing Tanker!

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
LOL Nice one!!

Ian M five stars on the way!

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
I've seen that tankie somewhere before lol. Very nice build Andrew, MP's not goin' to be happy though. Big five mate.

Have fun, John

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
Superb top quality build I've always wanted to build one off these and seeing this has made me put one on my Xmas list once again cracking dio

Geegad

P

Polux

Wow!! That is a very nice, clean and fantastic Calliope build!!! The diorama is pretty nice as well!!

5* from me too!!!

The tracks are top Job!!!

Regards Andrew!

Polux

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
That's a wonderful little dio! *****

Gern

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Excellent diorama Andrew, coupled with a chuckle inducing 'story'......Tanker's Revenge, eh?

Big 5 all the way.

Ron

First Name
Chris
Beautiful work Andrew, what a happy chappy or is he just taking the p**s out of the MP.

Regards

Chris

B

Boldman

I am sorry to say I forgot tot add the decals - it was only when I was posting the photos to the forum that I realised! So it had to come back intot eh workshop and get decaled! Thankfully it was only a few stars so they got put on and weathered down and today during the daylight, I took the definitive set of photos...

This was a hugely fun build, much simpler than some of my more recent creations so it was a nice refreshing change, readying me for some more complicated builds to come (particularly the next!).

First Name
Chris
DOGH! I was so focused on the great detail and weathering on the Sherman I didn't spot the MP's motorbike....LOL! Great idea beautifully executed.

Regards

Chris

B

Boldman

Thanks for the comments - I really enjoyed this build, something I wasn't expecting as it was a case of build this okayish kit just to reduce the stash a a bit and it would be a simple, quick build. Its not a great kit - if I hadn't already cut the holes in the turret for the legs of the rocket launchers I probably would have left them off. The Sherman is an okay build but the rockets are a PITA - I meant to add some wires to it but couldn't find any adequate references and frankly lost interest in that aspect of it. The moulding on the springs is quite bad and I'm still considering ripping them off and filling the holes and leaving it as a bare M4A3.

P

ping-pong

i think that tank driver has been at the wine. made me giggle.

love it

cheers

Si

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Nice one Andrew, I wondered what the MP is saying. He looks more discouraged than angry.

"OK son, just back it up."

5 stars on a great build, and thanks for a good giggle.

Tony.

C

CDW

I thought i'd replied to this ... obviously not!! ..

The whole dio looks great, love the humour twist too.

Was thinking of doing this kit but from what you've said i may just buy a sherman and scratch the assembly myself.

anyway..... * * * * * from me

B

Boldman

I think the Sherman in this kit builds up well, its just he rockets that are a let down. I bought this for a tenner at eh modelzone sale earlier in the year so I'm not going to complain too loudly :smiling3:

I'm glad everyone is getting a laugh out of this, that was the intention :smiling3: Thanks guys

D

Dave1973

\ said:
Is the MP expressing what he thinks of the Tank Driver...:wink:
Love it ***** from me too...
I agree, i think you need to add a milliput middle finger to that fist!