Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hello Play mates.

After a bit of brain ache, way to many cigarettes and far to much coffee, I have made a section for the diorama builders here.

It was either that or split them off to the "most relevant section of the forum" With over 400 posts a frightening task for one man alone. So You have lucked out and gotten a forum.

HERE'S the catch. (Yes there is ALWAYS a catch).

To remain in the Dio section, the build must meet a few criteria:

The most simple way to put it is like this. A Tank on a base with a bit of mud and a bush is NOT a diorama. It is just a simple base to show it in its natural habitat. Take the same tank and put it on a base with other models, ie. an other tank, or other vehicles, some figures and the like it IS a diorama. This apparently the view of IPMS judges as well. So it seems like a good way to sort the issue.

So.. I will start moving posts soon to try and get all the DIORAMA builds in the correct box.

Subjects that do not meet the criteria will be moves to the section most relevant to the subject.

Ian M

P

Polux

Just a little question Ian...

This thread is for all kind of dioramas, or just only for the 'warlike' ones?

I'm on the way with a Sci-Fi one, is here a right place? Have to say...there no many related dioramas of this topic, we need a specific places for them..?

Thank you

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
AS long as it is a true diorama it can go in the diorama section. The problem of dividing this section has been driving me slightly more mad than normal o.O

So this diorama section will be for all. Military, Civilian, at sea on land even in the sky if you can figure that one out!!

Just remember a diorama is not a single subject on a base.

Ian M

P

Polux

\ said:
Just remember a diorama is not a single subject on a base.

Ian M
Thanks Ian.

Don't worry...you know I have the virtue to choice 'little' projects :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

C

CDW

I've been trying to find the thread on another forum/site where there was a heated discussion as to whether this guys model should be entered into afv or diorama class at some show or other... I've had no success, but it was entertaining non the less and after some serious dummy throwing the personal insults started ... Hilarious and pathetic at the same time :smiling3:

the general issue was.........

A tank on a desert base (just sand) with a figure in the turret and one standing on the sand next to the tank .... Apparently the standing figure made it a diorama .....

First Name
Aaron
Tank on base not dio but is tank on base with visible commander a dio?

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
No. its still a simple base.

Ian M