This is what five 1/24 Fokker Dr.1s look like in progress…

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Cool. Just like to say that that is a crazy good work bench you have there Paul.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Cool. Just like to say that that is a crazy good work bench you have there Paul.
Thanks Ian.
This kind of work space didn't happen overnight, it developed over 20 years or so (since my return to the hobby in my early 30s). A couple of house moves helped and now I'm lucky enough to have a dedicated modelling room. I wish I could make some time too. There are so many builds I'd love to do and just not enough time! I just build when I can.
Here's to a great hobby
Paul

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
OK. Two commission builds I understand - but why do you need three for yourself?

PS You sure you got enough tools? :smiling3:

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
OK. Two commission builds I understand - but why do you need three for yourself?

PS You sure you got enough tools? :smiling3:
There are so many finishes you can give a Dr.1 I was pushed to settle on just 3!
In the end I decided on machines belonging to Udet, M VR and Becker - all very different profiles. Why do I need 3? Why do you need more than 1 Spitfire, Sherman or Stug III? I would argue that visually there’s more difference between my three Dr.1s than there are between 3 spitfires. But then again I’ve got over a dozen Spitfires in the stash too.
Why then?
Well, simply put… I wanted to.