• 1:32 WW2 Europe Western Front

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1:32 WW2 Africa

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 4203

PLEASE READ BEFORE REPLYING OR CASTING A VOTE :smiling:

Any tips for making a diorama for the first time?

I would like some tips on getting supplies and setting up one of these three dioramas:

WW1 1:72 Northern France Battlefield Diorama,

WW2 1:32 Europe Battlefield Diorama,

And a WW2 1:32 Africa Battlefield Diorama.

I just need to know supplies and where to get them, that's all, but any other advice will be greatly appreciated. :smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Mmm you might be limited for 1/32 scale vehicles you do have much much more choice in 1/35 scale

But I would like to see 1/32 WWII North Africa :smiling3:

T

tommy1drop

Hi RB, Looking forward to seeing what ever you decide to go for...but wouldn`t mind seeing 1:32 Africa;)

D

Deleted member 4203

It'll have to be Africa anyway as I've realised it's the only one that I will have German and British troops for :smiling:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
You want to look at Alan's Africa dio, that may help in some tips.

Main thing with any dio or base is to plan out where you want the items to sit. It is very easy to get over clogged or have too much of a bare patch, also think about having vehicles etc at a angle that will help to break up the scene and not look too square.

Si:smiling3:

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
I voted Africa too , I see from your post on the modelling year thread that youve got the Airfix 1/32 multipose figures , as Alan says there arent too many 1/32 scale armour kits around , Airfix do a few and theres some old Monogram kits too. Some of the the airfix are still in production (Montys Humber , Rommels Halftrack , and I think theyre reissuing the Crusader tank and a new tool 17 pounder gun) but for some of the others (m3 grant ,Dodge truck ,Dodge command car) I reckon you would have to scour E-bay for a second hand kit. If you do decide to do the Africa dio maybe you could join in on the 'Desert' Group build coming soon ? , hope this helps cheers tony

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
First Name
Paul
tips?....watch lots and lots of youtube vids on the subject...............im currently doing my first proper dio and am really struggling with some aspects of it

D

Deleted member 4203

Thanks for all the great comments guys! It will be a while before I can make it though because I stillneed to look in shops for vehicles and paint the figures :smiling:

P

Polux

Well....first at all, welcome to the forum "Red" :smiling3:

You have an interesting plane item at 1/35.....and all the possibilities that it means ;)

Just imagine all kind of figures and vehicles for a great Africa diorama!!

The Fieseler Fi156C-3/Trop Storch (Tristar) :rolleyes: or you have also the Piper Cub L4H "Rosie the Rocketer" (Bronco)

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Hi Ian, these are some pics of a Dio board I did. It is 1/35 scale and shows you the angles and various bits I used to offer more to the eye and break up the framing, may help you.

Here is my 1/35 Chieftain on a flat board, again angled, with some tarp on and barrel etc, shows you what you can add to create something different.

Si:smiling3:

D

Deleted member 4203

Wow, thank you for the advice along with the pictures! In fact, I'd like to thank everyone for using some of your valuable time to reply to my thread :smiling3:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
As we don't know your name, I have to be formal, Red.

I won't vote, simply because it really should to be your build and your own ideas.

All good advise, whatever scale you choose things to remember.....

Always have fun.

Don't be afraid to alter your diorama - no matter how drastic!

Don't try to copy other folks builds....You will have your own style - keep to it.

Don't worry about asking advise.....people who think they know it all, know now't!

Never worry what others might think about your models. Praise is great and not to be underestimated...but you should build for your own pleasure, and be happy what you have achieved....

Above all, never think you can't.....you can.

Good luck, whatever you build

D

Deleted member 4203

\ said:
As we don't know your name, I have to be formal, Red.I won't vote, simply because it really should to be your build and your own ideas.

All good advise, whatever scale you choose things to remember.....

Always have fun.

Don't be afraid to alter your diorama - no matter how drastic!

Don't try to copy other folks builds....You will have your own style - keep to it.

Don't worry about asking advise.....people who think they know it all, know now't!

Never worry what others might think about your models. Praise is great and not to be underestimated...but you should build for your own pleasure, and be happy what you have achieved....

Above all, never think you can't.....you can.

Good luck, whatever you build
Ah yes, I should've told you all my first name, my first name is Blair, thanks for the advice though and you're right! :smiling:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
my first name is Blair
Eh? I thought it was Ian? o_O Who the hell is Ian then? What site am I on? Help...

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Merry Christmas, Blair.

Si, never mind what site....how about planet?! Promise me you'll shape up?

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Merry Christmas, Blair.Si, never mind what site....how about planet?! Promise me you'll shape up?
Help me Obi-Ron-Kenobi...your my only help.

Si:smiling3: I promise nowt!

D

Deleted member 4203

\ said:
Eh? I thought it was Ian? o_O Who the hell is Ian then? What site am I on? Help...
Had to laugh at that xD It doesn't matter. Happy christmas everybody anyway :smiling: