Towers Garden

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
John your garden is looking really fantastic, I wouldn't even dare to visit your garden for fear of your lovely plants dying one by one as I walk past.
My skills on the gardening front are about zilch, even having tried for many years, I have had to admit my shortcomings.
You sound like me. A plant killer by presence. I buy them, I plant them - they die!!!!

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
John your garden is looking really fantastic, I wouldn't even dare to visit your garden for fear of your lovely plants dying one by one as I walk past.
My skills on the gardening front are about zilch, even having tried for many years, I have had to admit my shortcomings.
Thank you but It's a lot like modelling you learn as you make mistakes and pick up tips from others.

A_J_Rimmer

SMF Supporter
First Name
Arnold
I'm sorry John, fully booked by the Dorset Male Gardening Society!!!
And SWMBO hasn't learned nuffink in 50 + years of marriage. She actually asked me to plant a few Forget me Nots today!! On her own head be it!!!!

She'd obviously forgotten....

Forgotten... Forget me nots... thump thump... testing....

I'll get me coat. :smiling:

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Well John, not being the gardener in the family, being reserved more for digging and lifting, I'm sure she thinks I'm a JCB, or when we have been shopping a donkey for carrying the shopping....
I am going to dread showing her the pics of your garden because I know what will be coming, I try my best to understand, but I fail, why does she talk to the plants, yet all I get is a grunt or two. Please tell me that fence on the right is actually leaning over so that I can point it out and tell her at least our fence is not falling over - but then she will remind me that Paul next door put up the fence, all I did was hold the panels....

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Well John, not being the gardener in the family, being reserved more for digging and lifting, I'm sure she thinks I'm a JCB, or when we have been shopping a donkey for carrying the shopping....
I am going to dread showing her the pics of your garden because I know what will be coming, I try my best to understand, but I fail, why does she talk to the plants, yet all I get is a grunt or two. Please tell me that fence on the right is actually leaning over so that I can point it out and tell her at least our fence is not falling over - but then she will remind me that Paul next door put up the fence, all I did was hold the panels....
Ha,Wibble having taken another look it does appear to be leaning, but it must be the angle I took the photo at as all the concrete posts are straight and vertical. So you will have to hold your breath on that and take the flack , of course you could say I come from a long line of country folk.;)
Wobble