trumpeter panza 1V

S

steve5

looking at buying one of these , when I get the money , but I see they have 4 different model no's 919 , 920 , 921 , 922 , same length & width , is it the same kit with just different P.E. ? , can anyone help me please ,

steve5

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
hi Steve,not real a info,type,and a few on hear are very good,with info,like Patrick,so I do hope he see this post,

as he can sort you, :D ,I don't think you can go too,wrong,maybe these,number,are years of production, O.o

D

dubster72

Steve, the 4 Panzer 4 kits that Trumpeter make in 1/16 scale represent different versions.

From memory, 919 is the Ausf F2 which was the first to carry the L/48 75mm gun.

920 is the Ausf H, 921 is the Ausf J & 922 is the Ausf J observer version.

Which version you go for depends on which theatre or stage of the war you prefer. The Ausf H would need zimmerit for absolute accuracy, whereas the J wouldn't as this type appeared later in WWII.

HTH

Patrick

S

steve5

thank's Patrick , I am normally a ship guy , I have been thinking of

doing tank's to improve my weathering techniques , could you tell me what zimmerit is please

steve

D

dubster72

Well Steve, spending around £180 to improve your techniques is an all-out way of going about it! I'd look forward to seeing one of these being built.

Zimmerit was an anti-magnetic paste applied to German AFVs from December 1943 until September 1944. It was developed because the Germans had begun to use infantry deployed magnetic charges & it was expected that the Allies would follow suit.

The reason for stopping its use was an erroneous belief that shellfire could ignite the zimmerit & so destroy the vehicle. Probably part of this idea was because zimmerit included zinc oxide & sawdust in its composition.

For more info, have a look here

http://www.panzerworld.com/zimmerit

Cheers

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
some very interesting reading Patrick,thank you for showing us , :D

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
You're more than welcome Monica, you know I'm always happy to put my rivet counters hat on  :ph34r:

----------------------- :D --------------------------- I do real like your input,as I do learn so much of what I should know ,doing this hobby,always learn something new, :D

S

steve5

thank's Patrick that's interesting stuff , think I might leave that bit alone , as I have never done tank's, I bought these online cheap $50 aus for the 2 ,if they turn out alright  , I'll have a go at the panza 1V , as it's about $350 aus ,at that price I want to sure.

20160828_093138[1].jpg

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
nice buys,Steve, :D

I'll have a go at the panza 1V , as it's about $350 aus ,at that price I want to sure

oh lol for that,it would have to have gold,PE,would be one of the Dragon kits,with all bits and bobs,? 9_9

what I do,is save up and go to the swap meets ever two or three,months,dont know what state or city your in to help you out if

I,m able to with them,example,

http://www.essmc.org.au/whatson.html

mark at this one is very helpful,and dose ship all over,and has very good pries,s and not only,military,but others as well,

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=sprue finders&filters_rp_creation_time={"start_year"%3A"2016"%2C"end_year"%3A"2016"}

maybe of some use,to you, :D

D

dubster72

I think it's a much better idea to cut your teeth on those 2 than plunge into the expensive one ;)

The Leopold I is old but gold - I've got one in the cupboard that I'm tempted to build as a 'what-if WWII didn't end in 1945'

The Hetzer falls together very easily. Check out the Jagdpanzer build off in the Group Builds coz at least one has been done there.

S

steve5

thank's monica , but I'm in country queensland a long way from city meet's , will keep an eye on the face book one though .

Patrick , cheer's mate , I'd love to see the what if , sound's cool .

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

thank's monica , but I'm in country queensland a long way from city meet's , will keep an eye on the face book one though .

Patrick , cheer's mate , I'd love to see the what if , sound's cool .

hi mate, where are you located in Aus? We don't have many aussies around here....

Best of luck with your tank builds.

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica

also with him,you can email,with what your looking for as well,and he dose hiis best to find it for you,or can give,

you an idea of what he has,but most times dose have a very good range of kits,hope this is of help,

and can save you a few $, :D