Tweezers

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I grabbed a set of tweezers in Lidl . A pouch with ten pair. I think I saw they are going a gain in the UK. They are stainless and anti-static coated and EXACTLY the same as the ones MIG are flogging for 3x the price.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Best tweezers are sourced from jewellery tool suppliers. However, for what we do, anything with a fine point, and with parallel jaws that meet properly, will do.
Most issues people have with tweezers is trying to hold the item being picked up too tightly, causing it to ping off into the ether….

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
I've been using the Tamiya tweezers for the last year or so, the angled fine point and the decal tweezers. Really good, a lot better than the cheapy ones I had used before.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
I have to agree with Bob. Tamiya tweezers are excellent, as are all their tools. The only downside is the cost.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I prefer having two different pairs of tweezers, one pointed that I use for most work, and one with largish, rounded ends for things that are hard to hold in the pointy ones, like these:

127-33A.SA.0.jpg

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
I actually have a few pairs. Best work there are stainless fine pointed in both straight and cranked types. Second quality work I have the same but with slightly coarser serrated tips. These have been known to be used to hold small parts during soldering. I also have a couple of reversible pairs to hold larger items for painting or soldering. I also have a pair of eyebrow tweezers used to remove stray hairs from paint jobs or paintbrushes.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Like Tim, my collection of tweezers is rather eclectic....I usually grab the pair that best suits the job I'm doing at the time, can't have too many and they all function differently....trick is choosing the right pair. ;).....you will know you have the correct ones when the carpet monster groans! :tongue-out3: :thumb2: