U47 fuse problem

T

thegrimreaper

just finished building the u47 ballanced nice on the water looks very good

1st run out couldnt get her to dive but ran realy well found out when i got home that I had the dive planes set wrong,sorted that.

2nd run out ran for 2 mins then blew the 10 amp fuse didnt have a spare with me :sobbing: (doh)

so going to re try on wednesday at hoylake my question for you guys is what size fuse should i use i have checked the wiring am using 1 electronic speed controler for both the robbe standard motors

thanks in advance Mark

S

subzero

Hi.

What amps are the motors drawing under load and what speed controller are you using, you need to know these facts before you can fit an appropriate fuse i am afraid.

I run a boat with the 2 robbe motors on one 15 amp speedo with brass prop shop props and no probs.

You might be up to the max on the present set up fuse / speedo wise and if you get a fouled prop for even a short time ie weed or whatever it could just be enough to push it over the max, at least you have fused the speedo to prevent damage.

Hope its of use.

Regards Sub.

Last edited:
T

thegrimreaper

thanks for that Sub but i got her sorted with a 15 amp fuse speedo is unknown type and rateing due to me being given them over a year ago and all packaging being in the bin now

took sub out on wednesday and had a great run no problems at all except overcontrol on the dive planes by me cant wait to get another sub now

regards Grim

S

subzero

Glad you got it sorted, sounds like you were just on the limit of the 10 amp fuse.

Have you got a leveller installed ? if not then one on the rear vanes will help you to control it and allow periscope runs whilst keeping level even with a dynamic diver and avoid that time delay and over control of the vanes.

Regards Sub.

T

thegrimreaper

next item on the list then is an auto leveler watch this space thanks Sub

regards Grim