Undercoating

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Can you get a brush on undercoat or primer in acrylic, just latley revell and Umbrol acrylic paints have been seperyaing when I applyed my first coats , I did buy a pray primer at the weekend which dived this problem but at £7.50 a pop it's a bit too exspencive and you don't get value for money

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I use Halfords Grey Primer. It is pricey but the tins are very big and cover a lot of area. I believe lots of others use it too.

Gern

yambam26

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ben
I also use halfords primer with a good selection of paints and a large tin lasts well. Theres plastikote primer which is slightly cheaper and is highly rated :smiling3:

Hope this helps,Ben

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
Use Halfords as well ....... The tins are biig and they are much better value than Tamaiya............. I use Halfords matt Black as well on larger areas (car chassis) and that gives a great finish.

Peter

C

Cooperman69

I do love a can of Tamiya Fine Primer though. Gives such a smooth and detailed finish.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Halfords every time for me , tony

First Name
Gregg
The Range, £3.50 a large can of Acrylic Grey Primer every time!

Gregg

T

tecdes

Vallajo primers are both brush & airbrush & they go a long way & give a very nice finish & good adherance.

A good feature is that there are about 9 colours available which helps to give a good base for the finishing coats.

Laurie

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
I am another Vallejo user - I have four colours, grey, white, black and green. It is very useful to have the colours, the choice of which depends on the colour of the plastic and the subsequent camo colour. It helps with checking coverage and pre-shading.