USS Arizona 1/350 Hobby Boss / Mini Hobby Models

S

Steve

Hi everybody.

I have had the mention USS Arizona for some time now and intend to get round to build next year. I have the White Ensign Models PE set, the Eduard PE set and I'm looking at buying the Wooden deck from Artwox.

The problem is this. The splinter shields on this kit on the upper "boat deck" as I call it, are all in the wrong position and overall look. These shields and many other parts are featured in the Eduard PE set so you cut the plastic parts away and PE them. The wooden deck is purpose made to fit the molded detail that has to be removed, so is it possible to modify the wood deck to fit after or before the PE had been fitted?

Had anybody done that in here?

D

deckape

\ said:
Hi everybody.I have had the mention USS Arizona for some time now and intend to get round to build next year. I have the White Ensign Models PE set, the Eduard PE set and I'm looking at buying the Wooden deck from Artwox.

The problem is this. The splinter shields on this kit on the upper "boat deck" as I call it, are all in the wrong position and overall look. These shields and many other parts are featured in the Eduard PE set so you cut the plastic parts away and PE them. The wooden deck is purpose made to fit the molded detail that has to be removed, so is it possible to modify the wood deck to fit after or before the PE had been fitted?

Had anybody done that in here?
Ahoy Steve Yes it very possible before you install you new wooden deck you have remove all of the raised detail on the deck such as bits anchor chain plates and such to obtain the correct fit. Then here is where the fun begins you have to model in all that detail back.... But when placing the new decking you have to cut out the center section of the deck to except the boats deck and casement walls, I have the Trumpeter 1/350 kit ptabaly the same molds used on your kit.. I never achieved that goal in replacing the original deck with the wooden one. I have a 1/8th scale Arizona I built from scratch and lastly the old Revell kit a classic kit in itself. you need any help give me a pm or reply here on your post. Boats