Valerons ICM 1 35 Model T 1917 Ambulance (Dave's Emergency Build)

Valeron

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
This is my completed submission for Dave's emergency build.. The build blog can be found here.

It was fun build. The kit went together very well. It was brush painted and weathered with Vallejo paints, washes and pigments.

I had a few problems with disintegrating decals so had to use substitutes.

The model came with 4 figures and I decided to include two of them with a wounded soldier entering the ambulance. The box art showed a step on the tailgate but there was nothing on the sprue or in the instructions for this, so I added one (my first scratchery LOL). This was also my first attempt at building and painting figures and that was very enjoyable, although difficult in parts.

Thanks for Dave for organising this build. Thanks to everyone for all the support and encouragement along the way and special thanks to Tim and Neil for helping with the step and pushing me out of my comfort zone with their encouragement on that and the figures.

Mike

IMG_3886.JPG

IMG_3895.JPG

IMG_3901.JPG
IMG_3904.JPG

IMG_3890.JPG

IMG_3919.JPG

IMG_3922.JPG
IMG_3940.JPG

IMG_3949.JPG

IMG_3955.JPG

IMG_3937.JPG

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Good stuff Mike!!! Love the finish and your first foray into figgies too. What is really cool though, it looks like the ambulance is tipping a bit down in the back as the soldier is stepping on the tail gate to get in. Super effect Sir!!!

Prost
Allen

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Dude that Vallejo bottle is freaking huge!
Joking aside; that looks very good indeed. Well done

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Great stuff. Brilliant result on that one, and its always good to push the envelope a little. Glad I could help in any small way Mike, though I don’t think you really needed it.
The money shot at the end shows that this is quite a tiny beast isn’t it:thumb2:

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
That’s certainly not one to hide away in shame. It does give the impression, though, that once that wounded soldier takes his foot off the ground, the whole thing will tip backwards ;)

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Terrific job on this Mike, came out just as I'd thought it would. :thumb2: