Vallego model air paint and varnish applied by airbrush at the same time.

P

premacy10

Hi all, was on the vallego web site recently where it showed vallego varnish being applied by airbrush at the same time as the model air paint. Everywhere else ive looked states that you should airbrush on the varnish once the paint is dry. Has anyone used the same time application and does it work .

Regards

tony

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I can't say that I've ever tried that. Why would you? To be honest I can't see what the advantage of doing that is.

In my case,after the paint has been applied and dried,there are several stages leading up to the final application of varnish anyway.

Cheers

Steve

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
My reply is a bit off topic, but many years ago, we re-sprayed a Jaguar XJS, where the paint manufacturer did advise we could mix the final colour coat with the clear coat. It reacted, the whole flippin' car ! Big car the XJS.....................

Regards

Colin m........

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
If you watch the working with acrylics DVD they mix them on that too, it gives your paint a gloss, matt or silk finish depending on which you use but apart from that I don't think there is any benefit, I would rather do it once I've finished.