Vercingetorix

P

Paul P

Hi all

heres a few pics of a recent sculpt, its 120mm figure of Vercingetorix, leader of the Gauls against the Romans, most of this was done with milliputbwith other bits thrown in. this is away at the moulders at the mo and hopefully should be back soon so I can paint it,

any comments, good or not, are welcome. the input I get helps me to improve on the next sculpt I do and I often get ideas to improve my sculpts from other figureists

Paul

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Hi paul ,I find it fascinating how a sculptor can visualise and create a subject , its something i dont think i could possibly do . The detail and form is stunning , superb work . Ive always said that painting a model or figure well is one thing but the guys who sculpt the master now THATS a true skill! cheers tony

P

Paul P

Cheers Tony, it doesn't always work out how I want it, but the good thing is there normally isn't a deadline, so I have time to change things until they look how I want them. The best way to start is to do conversions first, so take a stock figure and just chop it around and play with it. At first its all trial and error but you get to learn about movement and what looks natural. Also if you use sculpy putty its oven hardened, so you can sculpt until your happy with it then bake it to harden it. next time I do one ill try and blog it here to give you an idea about how it goes.

thanks for looking in

Paul

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
I would not have a first clue where to start Paul............ I have enough trouble putting a kit together, and that has instructions. I am totally in awe of your work..... True skill.

Thanks for sharing them.

Peter

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Woa! Serious skill set here. I can see that you do this a lot!

it would be fantastic to see a sculpt from the ground up. ( just seen the Dragon you are building your wife), but a Human figure would be great as well. Also you mention starting with a kit and Chopping that. Should you feel the urge to show how that goes, feel free. I think we have a few closet figure builder here that would love to see the how to's and harvest a few tips. I'm one of them!

Ian M

P

Paul P

\ said:
Woa! Serious skill set here. I can see that you do this a lot! it would be fantastic to see a sculpt from the ground up. ( just seen the Dragon you are building your wife), but a Human figure would be great as well. Also you mention starting with a kit and Chopping that. Should you feel the urge to show how that goes, feel free. I think we have a few closet figure builder here that would love to see the how to's and harvest a few tips. I'm one of them!

Ian M
Ian many thanks mate, i will shortly be starting to scratch build Queen Boudicca in her chariot which will consist of a two horse team the driver and boudicca as well as a scratch built chariot. Ive just ordered some materials to get this started so as soon as it arrives ill do an SBS on here

Paul

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Superb sculpting Paul, look forward to seeing it with paint on.